Barrel is an independent creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with team members across the world and offices in New York City and Los Angeles. We partner with some of the world's most loved brands to grow their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses. Clients include L'Oreal Paris, Well+Good, Kiehl's, Hu, SmartyPants Vitamins, Gap, and Rowing Blazers.
We are known for our expertise in designing e-commerce experiences that delight customers while also driving results. We are looking for a thoughtful, creative, and fearless leader to take our impact to the next level with CRM.
We believe CRM is about more than segmenting audiences and growing email lists. We see CRM as an essential part of a brand's ecosystem, strengthening relationships with customers through better understanding their needs and finding more effective ways to serve them.
The CRM team is responsible for driving customer acquisition, retention, personalization, and loyalty through the development of robust CRM programs, including analysis of website analytics and performance. The Director of CRM will lead this charge, defining and redefining process, inventing new services, all the while, mentoring and building a team to support this vision.
6-12 Month Outcomes
- Develop the strategic vision for CRM and its role within Barrel and client work.
- Work closely with the Business Development and Client Services teams to understand client needs and develop innovative tactics for driving results for our clients.
- Lead the CRM team. You will be responsible for recruiting, coaching, and mentoring talent. You will be measured by your ability to develop future leaders, and increase the team's impact.
- Partner with other discipline leads to identify gaps and opportunities within our process. You turn ideas into action and experiment.
- Oversee CRM team's projects and work. Your goal is to create an environment for your team to do their best work and drive results for our clients.
- 8+ years in CRM, lifecycle, retention marketing experience. Some agency experience preferred.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience developing omni-channel CX programs that achieve performance metrics for our clients and differentiate their brands. Includes website, social, email, push messaging, SMS, loyalty/referral programs.
- Skilled in building and applying a customer segmentation strategy based on customer behavioral data (e.g. Segment, Zaius, Klaviyo, etc).
- Intimate knowledge and hands-on experience deploying campaigns and programs using best-in-class marketing automation and CRM solutions.
- Experience configuring and analyzing web analytics, optimization & personalization solutions (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Google Tag Manager, etc).
- Highly analytical. Able to identify key KPIs and turn data-driven insights into successful tactics. Spreadsheet mastery required.
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, CASL).
The CRM team is part of the Creative Marketing Services group. You will report to our CXO, Lucas Ballasy.
Barrel strives to create and maintain a great culture. Our Core Values (Collaboration, Community, Creativity, Candor) guide our actions and underpin the experience we create for our team, clients, and communities. For more on our Team Experience Framework, see www.barrelny.com/careers
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.