We make transformative software for a big market that is often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors. The base application is Seeq Workbench, a calculation and visualization workhorse for time series data, and our core products have matured into a full platform that fits into any cloud or on-premise architecture to support decision-making at all levels of the industrial enterprise. Seeq Cortex enables calculation scale, security, authorization, and data virtualization to support enterprise IT requirements. Seeq Organizer generates reports and dashboards and Seeq Data Lab operationalizes AI/ML/data science algorithms.
We are looking for a product leader with a proven track record of building product management capability. You will…
- Spend the first six months of your time with Seeq “embedding” with our Customer Success, Support and Engineering teams to meet your colleagues, understand our customer and learn about our product.
Then you will…
- Own the product definition of Seeq by building and leading a team of Product Managers, Product Owners and UX Designers balancing business requirements, schedules, and feature definition.
- Build a robust Product Management function largely from scratch, incorporating the best tools and methodologies from your past experiences to scale our ability to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to maximize the impact of development resources, prioritize infrastructure investments, and manage technical debt.
- Manage a product roadmap that provides clarity about the value of the features being delivered and the timing of delivery.
- Clearly communicate priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to customers to executives.
The position would be either a VP- or Director-level position depending on the background of the successful candidate.
Our company was founded 100% remote and we're proud of it. We were good at remote long before COVID and will continue to be remote when . Our engineers work anywhere in a compatible time zone (our core hours are 8am-12pm Pacific). We use a variety of collaboration tools, like Zoom, Slack, and our homegrown Qube Virtual Office, which make us feel like we're in the same building together. We use agile tenets to iterate on both our product and development processes. a wonderful team of kind-hearted, talented engineers that love to collaborate, teach each other new tricks, and build products that exceed our customers’ expectations. And we’re one of the best places to work!
This job is for you if…
You love software – ideally, specifically, enterprise software that makes work life better.
You are a hands-on product manager – your skills and knowledge are current because you are a practitioner of PM methodologies and have recently been directly contributing on product teams.
You have exposure to development of SaaS-delivered software and knowledge of the major cloud services (AWS, Azure).
You have deep experience and knowledge of enterprise software development lifecycles, including Agile methodologies (we generally use Scrumban here), quality assurance and support.
Current and past colleagues would describe you as an inspiring, humble, empathetic, and compassionate leader. You listen well and you are transparent with your thinking. You can influence without relying on authority.
You are a proactive communicator; you invest in personal connections, and you can vary your communication style according to audience.
You have experience growing a diverse and inclusive team and developing and managing the whole hiring funnel from job posting to closing.
You are a great mentor and coach, and you provide clear guidance. You are not a micro-manager, and you allow your folks and others outside your organization to make mistakes and support them as they learn and adjust.
You are skilled at managing and resolving conflict within your organization and with peer organizations. You thrive in an environment that does not emphasize hierarchy.
You are disciplined with a high attention to detail. You learn things quickly.
You are comfortable with articulating product strategy to a wide audience and being accountable for the product roadmap and detailed priorities in support of a relatively broad customer base (200+ customers).
You have the composure and presence to represent the product team in a variety of scenarios: Company meetings; exec meetings; board meetings; customer and partner presentations; product direction discussions.
You are up for periodic travel (5-10 times per year) to meet with customers and partners, and to also spend time with your team and the company at our annual “meet-up” and get some face-to-face time.
You know how to balance life & work despite the demands of a high-level leadership position.
You want to work with a bunch of smart people that love working together. You want to work at a startup with lots of happy customers and good investors. And you want to play a part in promoting sustainability and a better manufacturing future.
Personal experience working in the process industries would be a major plus.
Currently we cannot accommodate any applicants that require visa sponsorship. You must reside in the United States and have permanent work authorization.
Seeq is a remote-first (only) company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere. Here are a few more benefits we have to offer:
- Salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses
- 401k retirement savings plan with matching contributions
- Optional life, disability, and personal accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption assistance
- Internet and mobile phone stipend
- Untracked/unlimited time off
- Company meetup events in destination locations
- Knowledgeable and supportive co-workers