Verikai is an insurance technology company changing the way the industry views risk with true predictive analytics. Our well-established database includes over 5,000 behavior attributes for 250+ million people in the United States and provides deep insight to these individuals’ true health risks. With this data, we help insurance companies improve underwriting precision, speed and efficiency using alternative data and machine learning – and ultimately, we provide consumers and small businesses with greater access to a broader range of insurance products.
Verikai isn’t your typical startup. And we aren’t looking for typical employees. For starters, we are a fully remote organization, meaning your home base can be your sofa, your favorite café, or a (wifi-equipped) cabin in the woods. All you need is your brain and a laptop…and we provide the laptop. We’re looking for people who want to do inspired work for a higher purpose. We are a growing and well-funded tech startup with a great product and even better ideas. If you want to make an immediate impact on the way the insurance industry operates while working in a fun, fast-paced and supportive environment, you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) helps support the sales staff with new leads; driving our upper funnel from the ground up. We're looking for a candidate with at least one to two years of experience with inside sales or sales development in technology, data, financial services, or insurance.
This role is 100% remote within the United States
- Articulate Verikai's business value, assess use case, and qualify buying interest
- Through outbound prospecting campaigns generate sales leads and set up sales meetings
- Research target accounts, identify decision-makers and generate interest
- Conduct high-level conversations throughout an organization, including with Senior Executives
- Create and manage the emails and call scripts and utilize multiple outbound tactics to generate new leads
- Familiar with CRM systems, organized, and detail-oriented
- Learn and provide the demo for brokers
- Close deals with SMB brokers
Skills and Requirements
- 1-2 years of inside sales or sales development in technology
- Strong preference for technology, data, financial services and insurance background
- Strong track record of making quota
- Strong teamwork and communication required.
- Highly organized, professional, and mature, as well as efficient, curious, effective and fearless with IQ and EQ to be successful
- Entrepreneurial and knows how to succeed in a start-up
- People like you and people respect you
- You are competitive but open to feedback
- You are confident but not entitled
- You know how to put people at ease but you also have the substance to go deep
- Interested in generating leads for the sales team, setting up processes, and is interested in becoming an enterprise sales executive in time.
- Competitive compensation (salary and stock)
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO + generous paid holidays (including Thanksgiving and winter breaks)
- Ego-free, open-door policy
- 100% remote company—you can literally work anywhere with just your laptop and an internet connection
- Employer-paid meal delivery program via GrubHub
- Customer-focused, innovative environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Team offsites, happy hours, lunch n’ learns