WaitWhat is a media invention company recognized for high-quality, genre-defining content and technology products designed around essential human needs — with a contrarian strategy to scale. We are building a valuable, independent portfolio of premium products aimed at eliciting the contagious emotions of wonder, curiosity, and mastery — infusing their content with “Wait, what?” moments that spark curiosity and change our understanding of the world. We’re looking for people that share our spirit to share these moments.
Some of our well known shows include Masters of Scale, Meditative Story and Spark & Fire. Our first app — Masters of Scale Courses — demonstrates how we’re thinking about combining award winning content with a structure that enables the cultivation of an entrepreneurial mindset. It is this app and platform we’re looking to advance with your help.
WaitWhat is looking for a Senior Product Manager (Remote, US Only) who wants to shape our digital presence in the world. We expect to work with someone who understands the mobile application ecosystem and has plenty of stories to tell about what does and doesn’t work. They’ll know how to grow a product from conception to market fit. They’ll communicate clearly and often about where we are in relation to our goals, and insist on using clear data, and statistical analysis to guide us to the right answers. They can also help drive the product forward with strong project management skills. They are a partner in building our shared success. To begin, we’ll be building that success upon superior quality podcast production such that we can maximize the value of this unique content via opportunities that can leverage it.This is a Remote FT position, with the option to be in the New York City office as soon as it’s safe.
Important: If you feel this describes the kind of work you’re interested in doing, even if you don’t meet every requirement, please apply!
- Assist in defining the product strategy for our flagship mindset development application (Masters of Scale Courses) and the platform upon which it is developed.
- Showcase our style of content in new and inventive ways to craft products that take advantage of our strengths in the marketplace
- Show us how we’re doing with visuals that keep us focused on our stated KPIs/OKRs for product success – with both leading and lagging indicators — providing clear historical views as well
- Collaborate with product-, engineering-, and design-focused teams to capture feedback and requirements and better understand the product’s near and long term roadmap
- Establish customer feedback cycles and partner with design to plan and run customer research sessions to tease out the product opportunities we might be missing
- Ensure the team understands the vision and strategy; collaborate with design and engineering to break down and prioritize the work into a backlog, participating in work planning
- Attend stand up meetings with the product team, consisting of numerous disciplines.
- Self-manage tasks and tickets assigned.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops to help drive team momentum
- Experienced in guiding a mobile consumer or learning product for 3 or more years
- Able to work as a product manager in cross functional teams that have shipped substantial products to wide install bases, and has references to substantiate it
- Enthusiastic about engaging with customers of all kinds to shape and communicate product cycles and strategic priorities
- Passionate about helping guide decision making with clear metrics
- Agile in your approach to software development, comfortable making pivots, holding your ideas of what the right answer is loosely.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills
- A great teammate that enjoys helping work across functional areas
- Biased towards responsibility and action, but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success; you lead by example
- Able to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- You are passionate about continuous improvement of products, processes, and teams
- Experience with Asana/Github
We offer a benefits package that’s generous and competitive with larger companies. Benefits include 3 weeks of company holiday (2 weeks in summer + one week between Christmas and New Years), 5 personal days, healthcare (PPO, vision and dental), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k). We work startup hours, but we also rest. We’re an anti-racist organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds — on our team, among our investors, and as represented on our media properties. Most importantly, we only hire extremely kind people.
We pride ourselves on building partnerships that make allies out of competitors. Our vibrant culture is rooted in optimism, possibility thinking, and an uncommon willingness to embrace risk with intention to push the outer bounds of creativity and experimentation. The team — purposefully rich in diversity — treats each other with kindness, generosity and respect, tolerant of differences, and always supporting ‘yes, and’ style conversations (consistent with best practices of design thinking and improv). If that sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work, even if this job doesn’t sound like a perfect fit, please get in touch: email@example.com