Java Software Developer III
Diverse Computing, Inc. is seeking a highly-qualified, Java Software Developer III to work on product development and maintenance projects for the different systems we will be implementing for public safety organizations around the nation. We are looking for someone who likes writing code for a higher purpose, who enjoys the challenge of solving particularly difficult coding problems, who is constantly learning new technologies, and who wants to work in a tight-knit development team. If this accurately describes your personality, please read on!
The ideal candidate would have over five (5) years of professional programming experience and be adept with using an object-oriented language like Java and a front-end framework like React. Having experience with SQL Server and Spring are also preferred. This full-stack development role requires excellent problem solving skills, a strong eye for coding detail, while also providing outstanding customer service. This position is open to applicants from any location within the U.S.; the chosen candidate will have the option of being fully remote or joining us at our HQ office in Tallahassee, FL if local. This position will remain fully remote ongoing, regardless of the status of the pandemic, and relocation to HQ will not be required for this job.
A little bit about Diverse Computing, Inc.
At Diverse Computing, we are passionate about our mission for delivering innovative IT solutions that improve the effectiveness and security of the public safety community. In other words, we create software that has a higher purpose than simply making a profit.
Imagine working for a company where you get to take ownership of your projects. Imagine having the opportunity to play a pivotal role with software that is designed to improve the safety for public safety and law enforcement personnel. Imagine being in a cooperative, team-oriented environment where everyone truly has each other's back. At Diverse Computing, these aren’t just catch phrases… they are part of our everyday reality.
There are other aspects about Diverse Computing that make us an appealing place to work for. We are not a publicly-traded company, and as such, we are not beholden to the demands of shareholders or investors. We also are not a start-up company that could close shop if the next round of venture capital doesn't come through. We ARE a privately-held company with around 60 employees, and that smaller size allows us to be nimble and to make quick adjustments in a constantly-evolving technology field.
If this sounds like an ideal career opportunity for you, please read on for more info!
As a Java Software Developer III you will:
- Develop and maintain our client's software applications
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code based on specifications
- Write maintainable software that can be understood by software developers of varying skill levels
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Utilize popular frameworks such as Spring MVC, Bootstrap, Apache Camel, and React
- Responsibly manage your time and personal schedule to achieve success
- Install, configure, and maintain servers and hosting accounts
- Perform business requirements analysis and application and database design
- Interact with internal staff and our customers to provide excellent training and technical support
- Summarize and document complex technical issues in a way that non-subject matter experts can understand
- Be comfortable designing comprehensive--not necessarily complex--solutions to technical problems
- Have availability to troubleshoot after-hours in case a technical issue arises
- Help mentor junior-level developers
This job might be ideal for you if you:
- Have over five (5) years of professional software development experience
- Have a clean criminal background
- Have a high level of mastery with:
- Object oriented programming (5+ years of experience)
- SQL Server (or another SQL DBMS)
- Are comfortable or proficient with:
- Apache Camel
- Are interested in having a long-term career with us vs. a short-term contracting gig
- Are detail-oriented, work well under pressure, and have an overall optimistic view on life
We ask a lot, but we give a lot in return:
- Competitive salary that is dependent on your experience level
- 100% coverage of monthly health care insurance premiums for yourself with 60% discounted options for family members
- 100% coverage of monthly dental and vision insurance premiums for yourself
- Matching IRA retirement contributions up to 3%
- 15 days of PTO earned annually with 9 paid vacation days
- Flexible work schedule
- Reimbursement for any travel and registration costs related to necessary training
- An award-winning company culture that’s welcoming, fun, collaborative, and supportive
How to apply:
- Click on the link below to start the application process
- Provide an updated resume as either a PDF or MS Word document
- Include a cover letter that contains contact information for three (3) professional references
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.