The world runs on open source, and projects need more than a version or source control system to scale. The Linux Foundation has evolved a proven methodology to transform projects into category leaders. LFX operationalizes this approach, providing a suite of tools built to facilitate every aspect of open source development. Critical projects must have their finger on the pulse of their entire developer ecosystem, with tools tailored to key stakeholders driving project development, including maintainers, contributors, community managers, marketers, and more.
We have an exciting opportunity for Sr. Product Manager to join our LFX platform team. Open source powers more than 80% of the technology we all use every day, yet many open source developers and projects face barriers, from generating funding to improving security to growing diverse, sustainable communities. LFX is a platform created by the Linux Foundation to empower developers — and the individuals and organizations who support them to advance sustainability, security, and diversity in open source technology. LFX brings together maintainers, contributors, aspiring developers, and enterprises to help solve these critical challenges and drive innovation.
The Purpose of Your Role
As a non-profit technology consortium, we're looking for people that are flexible, open-minded, and able to wear all sorts of hats.
- Manage the product life cycle, including strategic planning, daily developer meetings.
- Identify market requirements by conducting market research
- Research and assess product strategy options and implications.
- Identify and define product backlog work and document associated requirements.
- Be responsible for driving the vision, roadmap and execution of platform and services
- Interact with customers and prospects to develop a deep understanding of their problems and requirements for the data platform.
- Interface with cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, marketing sales, services, and customer success to prioritize features and functionality.
- Manage complex product and technical decisions and work with design and engineering to drive development through the agile methodology.
- Establish and maintain customer satisfaction account planning, proactive client communications, issue remediation, and containment, as well as performance measurement.
- Overall responsible for customer health, growth, and satisfaction.
Your background and skills will include
- Background with 8+ years in Product Management.
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS in an Agile work methodology
- Strong and hands-on experience with APIs, Microservices, API Gateway, UI and UX, Design, RDS, Aurora, building rich action-driven UI/UX, AWS including serverless framework, DevOps experience including CircleCI, Cloud Development/Deployment experience.
- You are able to research, analyze, document, and promote product strategies and solutions that help internal customers achieve their business goals
- Your ability and desire to understand and communicate product strategy and business requirements.
- Deep technical understanding of various cloud native products.
- Proven experience with enterprise SaaS.
- Proven track record of setting product vision and translating vision into a product roadmap and end-to-end execution shipping products.
- Skilled communicator who is just as comfortable having technical discussions with engineering as discussing high-level concepts with customers.
- Excellent ability to empathize and communicate with people with different points of view.
- An analytical mindset that makes data-driven decisions and can easily calculate ROI.
- Extreme ownership of your projects. The buck stops with you.
- Technical knowledge and skills related to software solutions (SaaS environment)
- High communication skills with customers and key executives
- Business results-oriented, negotiation, and presentation skills.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits - e.g., Fantastic health care, Unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match, profit-sharing, and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.