FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The Mandiant Security Validation division of FireEye is reshaping how organizations measure, manage and improve cyber security effectiveness. Evangelizing a technology movement like this one takes more than just a good sales pitch. As a team, we obsess over helping our customers:
- Assess their current state and expose true security gaps
- Establish a means to measure security effectiveness and demonstrate improvement over time
- Realize the maximum potential of existing security investments
- Raise the bar for the entire security organization
We are currently seeking a Full-Stack Engineer to join our team. Do you love complex problems? Does working across a diverse set of technologies inspire you? If so, we are looking for a new member on our team to transform how our customers use security metrics to improve their environments.
What you will do:
- Creating new capabilities in the Mandiant Security Validation platform
- Updating existing aspects of the data and analytics capabilities in the platform
- Working with the team to ensure a consistent experience across the product
- Writing tests to ensure cross platform performance of UI
- Experience working on back-end development in a K8S and Linux environment, ideally with Python, Go, and/or Ruby on Rails.
- Expert understanding of RESTful APIs and security
- Strong skills with PostgreSQL or another relational database
- Able to quickly adapt to new tools and frameworks as needs change
- Experience with distributed messaging frameworks, like Kafka
- Experience with unit testing and automated functional tests
- Own the design and architecture of key roadmap items
- Familiarity with continuous integration, testing tools, workflows (Jenkins) and source code management tools (git)
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Understanding of common security vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with cyber security
- Familiarity with either jQuery or React-based user interfaces
- Strong networking knowledge
- Expertise in Microservice architecture, including REST API design
- Good knowledge of asynchronous data pipelines using Kafka or AWS SNS / SQS or similar modern messaging framework
- Good knowledge of AWS or other public cloud environment
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $105,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)