The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are currently closed and our employees are working remotely; interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
The long-term work location for this role is flexible; we are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are located in and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally at this time.
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop a career that fulfills their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to continually increasing our competencies.
The Tax Senior is an integral role for the firm which allows one to develop critical skills such as reviewing work of other tax staff and providing constructive criticism/work notes in addition to preparing returns. This person will also be collaborating with Tax Managers and Shareholders to facilitate projects, obtain more exposure to complex tax issues and the opportunity to learn how to resolve them. This is a developmental role that allows the Tax Senior to expand and build the skills and knowledge that are necessary to become a Tax Manager.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is not only focused on creating a strong deliverable for our external clients, but who is passionate about developing the people they work with and values an environment where people strive to consistently grow.
Note: Relocation assistance is available for this position. We are also open to exploring fully remote options so that relocating is not necessary.
Where do you want to go?
Let’s Get There.
At Perkins & Co, you’re able to take ownership of your career development. Our tax teams are niche-focused so you’ll become an expert while working alongside other experts. You’ll also enjoy:
- Collaboration with other teams, most notably our International/Expat Tax Team and Real Estate Team. At Perkins, we operate as one firm. That means that we work together for our clients’ best interests, not in separate silos or playing politics. Work with your peers rather than competing against them!
- Direct access to leadership—no dictated orders from a partner you barely know who works in another office.
- So much more!
- Complete corporation and pass through entity returns as well as various sized family-owned or privately held entity tax returns
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and industry
- Manage competing priority deliverables and communicate accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Communicate both internally and externally to manage expectations and keep the engagement progressing
- Develop and motivate engagement staff by providing technical assistance as needed
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service experience
- Demonstrate technical curiosity that allows for professional and personal growth
- Demonstrate the ability to ask questions that will further your understanding of the client and the return
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask and communicate accordingly with in-charges
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting, preferably in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm; experience in a paperless environment is a plus
- Experience serving real estate/construction, corporate/multi-state, or winery/agriculture clients is preferred, but not required
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Does this sound like the right match for you? If so, please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile to get the conversation started!*
We will do our best to reply in timely fashion.
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.