At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: to help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online. Then to match them with the right pros to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018 we’ve helped thousands of homeowners achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
In short order we’ve become the nation’s most active landscape design firm, using technology and a vast network of local landscape contractors to disrupt the $100 billion outdoor renovation industry. We’ve been written about by the New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, the Wall Street Journal and Forbes Magazine. And we’re just getting started.
We’re seeking an entry-level Business Development Associate to join our fast-growing team to help grow our landscape contractor network. Yardzen’s contractor network consists of highly qualified, top-rated, licensed landscape professionals all over the United States that help bring our Yardzen designs to life. The Business Development Associate will work closely with our Relationship Management team to source, qualify, and sign on new contractors to our growing network.
As Business Development Associate, you’ll be responsible for:
- Researching top-rated landscape contractors that align with Yardzen’s quality standards.
- Cold outreach through phone and email to contractors in our current and future territories all around the United States.
- Educating contracting professionals on the benefits of partnering with Yardzen to fulfill the construction of our clients’ designs.
- Partnering with our contractor Relationship Managers to introduce and effectively onboard them into the Yardzen Pro Network.
- 1+ years of experience in a business or sales development role
- Experience in working with landscape professionals a plus
- You have terrific written and verbal communications skills.
- You’re creative and energized by experimentation.
- You’re comfortable defining new processes and taking the reins in managing existing processes.
- You’re comfortable multi-tasking, self-sufficient at problem-solving, and capable of managing a diverse and often shifting set of responsibilities.
- You have past startup experience or are comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-evolving startup environment.
- You believe in the benefits of outdoor living—from wellness boosts to property value increases.
- You’re a real teammate and would be described by those who know you as a genuinely nice person. Culture is critical in the early days and we’re looking for goodness and grit.
What we offer:
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Health & Wellness Budget
- Equity in our company
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 (k)
Sound good? Let’s talk. We're venture backed, value great design, natural light and fresh air. Come join our growing team and be a part of something big. We can't wait to hear from you.