ClientSolv Technologies is an IT solution firm with over a decade of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies, public sector and small to medium sized companies. ClientSolv Technologies is a woman-owned and operated company that is certified as a WMBE, 8a firm by the Federal government's Small Business Administration.
We are seeking a Techncial Writer for a telecommuting long-term contract (with the option to hire). This long-term contract (with the option to hire) is located in the D.C. area but can be remote with occasional travel. Due to the Federal contracts being supported, this role is open to US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
The duties of this role are as follows:
- Prepare and edit technical guidance (e.g. policies and procedures), best practices, briefings, operations and maintenance manuals, software and system documentation, API documentation, developer tutorials, knowledge base articles, and other materials as needed.
- Collaborate with and coordinate the efforts of subject matter experts and multiple technical contributors to produce content.
- Produce project documentation.
- Produce and apply style guides and design guidelines to ensure a consistent presentation of information.
- Proofread large technical documents for spelling, grammar, usage, textual errors, and appropriate tone.
- Develop and produce communications plans.
- Produce content optimized for print and digital mediums.
- Understand and work in Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Conduct technical research as needed to produce content.
- 7+ years of experience producing technical documentation for multiple platforms according to software development lifecycles (SDLCs), including DevOps, Agile, Lean, Iterative, or Waterfall.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
Additional desired skills:
- Create content for use in ServiceNow service catalog and knowledge bases
- Familiarity working with Teams, SharePoint, and Drupal
- Familiarity with Section 508 and/or creating accessible web copy
- Experience working in a communications or marketing role
This long-term contract (with the option to hire) is located in the D.C. area but can be remote with occasional travel.
Due to the Federal contracts being supported, this role is open to US Citizens or Permanent Residents.