Who We Are
Our vision is simple yet bold; to create a world in which people who learn differently, including those with ADHD and learning disabilities like dyslexia, are fully accepted, valued, and respected — ready, able, and eager to apply their unique strengths to whatever they encounter in life. For more than twenty years, Eye to Eye has provided student-centered, strengths-based programming for students who learn differently. Our research-backed curriculum has empowered more than 10,000 middle school, high school, and college-aged students as they develop strong social and emotional skills, identify and access effective accommodations, and become advocates for more inclusive and supportive learning environments for all. The organization is entering an exciting phase of innovation and evolution as we grow and expand beyond our classic near-peer mentoring model to advance our mission in new and exciting ways.
At Eye to Eye, we are passionate individuals who are inspired by our mission and motivated to advance educational equity for the 1 in 5 who learn differently. For us, it's more than just a job. As the only national mentoring, training, outreach and advocacy organization founded by and for people who learn differently, we set an example of inclusivity. We are best when learning from each other, bringing our diverse ideas, talents, stories, and perspectives to fuel collaboration and drive our work to empower students to fully embrace their own unique strengths and gifts as well.
About the Position
Eye to Eye is seeking a highly organized, dynamic, and detail oriented self-starter to provide a full suite of complex administrative and executive support services to the organization's CEO and President, as well as the Board of Directors and Executive Teams they lead. The Special Assistant is responsible for maximizing the time and talents of executive leadership to advance the organization's mission, including managing busy calendars and confidential communications with internal and external stakeholders, planning and preparing for a wide-range of high-profile meetings and events, and designing, managing, and executing special projects that advance the strategic priorities of the organization.
The Special Assistant also plays a crucial role in elevating the CEO, President, and work of the organization to increase visibility and support for Eye to Eye, performing the behind-the-scenes work that keeps the CEO and President running at full capacity and enables the organization to grow to serve even more students. The successful candidate will be a proactive problem-solver, fierce optimist, creative thinker, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment that is mission-driven and results-driven. This is a full-time position reporting to the CEO, working closely with the Board of Directors and the Executive Team.
- Provide high-level confidential administrative support to the CEO, President, and Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the calendars of the CEO, President, and Board of Directors including setting up, confirming, and managing logistics for all meetings, calls, events and commitments, and by communicating with diverse stakeholders, responding to requests, and exercising judgment to help make the best use of limited time.
- Ensure the CEO, President, and Board of Directors are prepared for all meetings and events by proactively researching and preparing necessary briefing materials, drafting and compiling agendas, presentations, and talking points, taking notes and minutes, and managing follow-up tasks afterwards.
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and represent and communicate on behalf of the CEO, President, and the Board of Directors with professionalism and confidentiality, including screening, prioritizing, and following-up on all calls, emails, and requests in a timely manner.
- Serve as an ambassador for Eye to Eye by participating in local, regional and national events and activities including conferences, webinars, speaking engagements, fundraisers, board meetings, interviews, and more alongside the CEO, President and Board of Directors.
- Manage the travel arrangements and related logistics of the CEO, President, and Board of Directors for all Eye to Eye related meetings and events.
- Support fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives that sustain operations, including helping to drive our impact storytelling by gathering highlights and stories, supporting fundraising initiatives, and representing Eye to Eye at annual fundraising and promotional events.
- Provide direct support to the Board of Directors, including full Board and committee meeting planning, pre-read materials, record-keeping, and compiling various notes and minutes as needed.
- Provide general assistance and support for special projects and initiatives to the CEO, President, and Board of Directors as needed, including but not limited to, working groups, task forces, committees, retreats, and other initiatives and duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of relevant administrative and executive support experience including complex scheduling, confidential communications, and travel logistics
- Demonstrated experience representing and communicating on behalf of senior leadership and the organization with various internal and external stakeholders, including strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and events including setting priorities, managing resources, navigating challenges, and meeting or exceeding goals with careful attention to details
- Positive conflict management skills, problem solving abilities, and fierce optimism necessary to navigate stressful, complex, and confidential situations calmly, resolve issues appropriately, and inspire others
- Strong organization, prioritization, and attention to detail paired with analytical and evaluative skills to quickly interpret and analyze data to support decision making
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Forms)
- Passion for the mission, vision, and goals of Eye to Eye, including a personal commitment to inclusive collaboration that prioritizes and incorporates diversity and equity in all aspects of work.
Job Location & Schedule
This position will ideally be located in close proximity to either the Eye to Eye National Headquarters in New York City where the President is based, or the San Francisco Bay Area where the CEO is based, although fully remote work is possible. The typical work week is Monday through Friday 10am to 6pm ET, although some night and weekend hours, as well as occasional cross-country travel is to be expected.
Compensation & Benefits
The typical starting salary for this position is $65,000 annually, commensurate with experience. In addition, Eye to Eye is proud to offer the following comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off – Enjoy 40 days (or the equivalent of 8 weeks) of paid time off each year.
- Free Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance – 100% employer paid premiums for all employees via Guardian.
- Affordable Medical Insurance – Comprehensive plans starting at $100 per month via UnitedHealthcare/Oxford.
- Retirement Planning Support - 401(k) accounts with match up to 5% after one year of employment via Principal.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Pre-tax payroll deductions available for transit, healthcare, and other expenses.
- Long-Term Sabbatical - After 5 years of employment, employees receive an additional two weeks to recharge and pursue personal projects. After 10 years, employees are eligible for an additional five weeks!
Submit your resume and cover letter here, specifically addressing the most critical skills and experiences desired for this role as outlined above. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with an ideal start date of July 12, 2021 or soon after.