Remote work opportunity
Comprehensive Canada Life benefits
Permanent Full-time: 40 hours/week
Innovation Seven (I7) is seeking a Leader of Corporate Operations with a participative leadership style and strong writing skills to join the team. The Leader of Corporate Operations will mentor, motivate, and work collaboratively with our I7 consultants to ensure all projects and services are delivered according to I7 values and at the high-quality standard that our clients and partners have come to expect.
Leader of Corporate Operations, key responsibilities:
- Operating in a flat organizational structure, the Leader of Corporate Operations is expected to act as a team member that provides leadership, oversight and guidance to other staff members, rather than taking on the typical role of a ‘boss’.
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the Leader of Corporate Operations oversees I7 operations and projects, ensuring they are delivered at a high standard of service quality, while also optimizing our resources and empowering the team to perform.
- The Leader of Corporate Operations actively participates in business development activities, such as proposal development, as well as resourcing projects with both internal consultants and independent contractors.
- The Leader of Corporate Operations will be the main point of contact on most I7 projects, necessitating strong client and relationship management skills.
- While managing existing clients and strategic partners, the Leader of Corporate Operations also has an eye on the horizon for new business opportunities and developing new strategic relationships/partnerships.
- Briefings will be given to the CEO on a regular basis and the Leader of Corporate Operations will provide advice on how to advance projects, improve I7 operations and develop the business.
- Participating in the decision making related to planning short and long-term work activities, the Leader of Corporate Operations will work with I7 staff to improve business processes, corporate policies,
- The Leader of Corporate Operations makes dynamic presentations on I7 business to clients and partners using Zoom and MS Teams.
Leader of Corporate Operations, experience and knowledge:
At I7 we value diverse experience and recognize transferable skill sets. We are seeking a motivated person with an interest in learning and developing as a professional. If you have experience or knowledge in ANY of the following areas OR if you feel our organization is good fit for you, please submit an application.
- Indigenous culture, inclusion, economic development or engagement and consultation;
- Environmental sciences or assessment;
- Infrastructure project development, management, or implementation;
- Workplace equity, diversity and inclusion; or
- Business or corporate development.
Leader of Corporate Operations, key attributes
I7 has a strong positive culture based on teamwork, respect and collaboration. We are looking with someone who is willing to learn and develop; we can provide you the support and tools to grow into the position.
- University undergraduate degree or college diploma.
- Have or be able to qualify for Government Security Clearance at the Secret level within 6 months of hire.
- Understanding of and experience in the management of people and an organization.
- A desire to learn and grow as a professional.
- Impeccable writing and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to self-manage and lead individuals and team projects effectively.
- Excellent time-management and an ability to effectively manage work to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in business development, proposal writing or responding to government request for proposals.
- A strong network of professional contacts.
- Dynamic presentation, facilitation and/or training skills.
- Familiarity with Indigenous culture and knowledge.
- Energy and desire to work in a flat, dynamic organization.
I7 is a First Nation-owned management consulting firm with strong core values of Respect, Teamwork and Gratitude.
Join us in elevating Indigenous voices through projects with impact, including an array of Indigenous engagement/consultation, strategy development, project management, infrastructure project development, research projects, and economic development.
Bring your passion and apply for this unique opportunity to build your career and work with a dynamic team. Innovation Seven provides a flexible, friendly and respectful work environment.