You will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy features that support business processes from Sales to Marketing and Finance. This role is focused on working in a development team with a Scrum Master / Business Development Lead. The Senior System Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration and improvement of our CRM platform and is leading Salesforce development initiatives.
- Designing and implementing business technology solutions focused on cloud-based business applications
- Improve processes and increase system adoption by using Force.com platform and its features
- Participate in requirements and solution design workshops
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Creation of technical documentation and keeping it up to date
- 3-6 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Good understanding of Salesforce Sales and Service clouds, as well as Salesforce-related development tools
- Experience with Salesforce coding, configuration, installation, testing, and debugging, as well as managing timelines and producing technical documentation
- Understanding of, or experience with, Pardot
- Knowledge of Agile methods and DevOps model
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a quick learner
- Ability to identify the scalable solutions for support & maintenance
- Experience at working effectively both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A positive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (in English)
- Salesforce Platform Developer I (CRT450) and/or Platform App Builder (CRT403) certifications
- Prerequisite Salesforce administrative certifications (ADM 201, ADM211) would be a plus
We are proud of our supportive and pragmatic organizational culture. We are solution-oriented, and at the same time we cultivate an environment of trust and diversity where everyone can strive for excellence.
Besides our people and culture, at Aiven you’ll have
- A dynamic environment in a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- Flexible working hours, including remote working when needed
- Ability to choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Participation in employee stock option plan
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and growing team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application and we'll take it from there.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.