Quantum Metric is paving the way for Continuous Product Design, which is a cross-team approach to building better digital products faster. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
Our number one goal at QM is happy people, happy culture. In addition, we are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
About the Role
In the role as a Product Designer, Design System at Quantum Metric, you’ll thrive at the intersection of the user, data, and design. We’re looking for people who will prosper in a collaborative, creative, and fast-paced environment and someone who can ship easy-to-use reusable components, and patterns.
As our first dedicated System Designer, you’ll have the opportunity to drive the evolution of our design system to a new level of sophistication and finesse. You should be confident in your documentation skills and be able to provide context, usability, behavior and all other details required to make components.
Product Designers should be able to easily use it while prototyping. Engineers should be able to easily extract it from Storybook. Customers should find it delightful and easy to use!
We will only consider applicants that can demonstrate their passion in system design thinking, data visualization, and creating outstanding experiences.
- Help our team build a best-in-class design system that supports our product
- Laser sharp attention to detail while building components and seeing how they fit into the broader product environment
- Collaborate with design, research and engineering teams to build and ship easy-to-use and accessible components
- Writes clear, concise documentation to align expectations, goals, and guidelines among cross-functional teams
- Is comfortable being a gatekeeper of all components so that they are used properly and as intended
- Lead conversations and drive the inclusion of new components and updating of old components in storybook and figma to ensure team alignment
- Find creative ways to continuously learn from customers and adapt the components and experience to them
- 3+ years system design experience being a founder of early-stage design system at a high tech, product-driven company for desktop and mobile
- Understands and can apply core responsive design and accessibility concepts to their work
- You strive to learn and understand users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
- A positive attitude and flexible mindset that can quickly adapt to unexpected changes and proactively identify potential challenges
- Examples of system design thinking that showcase solutions for complex problems in your portfolio. Please include portfolio URL + Passwords
Perks, Benefits, & Compensation
- This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you'll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Group benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Telehealth options
- Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
- Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Time off (Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- 11 company holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) accrued vacation
- Sick leave (according to state mandated allocation)
- Parental/Adoption Leave
- Promotional Opportunities
- Rewards and Recognitions programs
- One-time stipend for work at home employees
- Flexible work environments
- Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
- Employee Referral Program
- Lead Referral Program
- Latest MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Compensation: $110-130,000
About Quantum Metric
Our mission is to help brands deliver standout digital experiences for their customers. Enterprises are using Quantum Metric to build customer-centric digital products that drive revenue and foster brand loyalty. In 2020, Quantum Metric was ranked 124 in the Inc 5000, a list of America's fastest-growing private companies.
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve been serving Fortune 500 customers across e-commerce, travel and hospitality, financial services and insurance, and telecommunications. The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to accelerate our product and people growth. If your background matches the above role and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer.