As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day,, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all. Our solutions help to prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. Our products are used by some of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
Elliptic is backed by some of the top VCs: SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group, and we have grown globally with teams in the UK, USA, Singapore and Tokyo.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget - personal growth is important to us all.
Do you want to be part of the future of value transfer? Are you excited about solving problems that have never been solved before? Do you like understanding the fundamentals, exploring data, coding and testing hypothesis while being outcome driven?
The impact you will have:
This role is a great opportunity for someone who likes the idea of making an immediate impact on what powers all of Elliptic’s cutting-edge products: data. You will play a key role in helping build our data set, and the tools to enhance and innovate our products. You will be a member of the Data Team, a unique team of Elliptites that have a combined expertise in many different areas (dark web intelligence, cybercrime, web scraping, machine learning, graph theory, software engineering and more).
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the rest of the Data Team to enhance our existing models, and think creatively about new ones.
- Turn the results of observations and analysis first into code, and then into production data for client-facing products.
- Be up-to-date with the latest cryptocurrency research.
- Maintain and develop existing Python and Scala codebase.
- Help internal teams answer data-specific questions.
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Know the basics of cryptocurrencies and have a genuine interest in understanding what patterns lie beneath the seemingly unorderly structure of the blockchain.
- Love coding and appreciate the importance of applying good software engineering practices but at the same time do not strive for perfect, clean code at the cost of effective research.
- Love interrogating data, looking for answers to your questions with an eye for what is most useful for the team and for the company’s objectives
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years of commercial data science experience or equivalent relevant experience at Ph.D. level
- Strong knowledge of Python and of at least one other language (preferably Scala or Java).
- Good understanding of all the data science fundamentals, and experience with the necessary Python toolkit (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, scipy, ...)
- A strong numerical degree-level qualification (e.g., Computer science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, ...).
Bonus Points for:
- Commercial or research experience with cryptocurrencies and/or cybercrime.
- Leadership experience.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team events
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work.