Hello there! I’m the VP of engineering at eVisit. We are growing the engineering team, and we’d like you to consider joining us.
I joined eVisit because I believe in the company’s mission: to simplify healthcare delivery to everyone, everywhere. We are creating technology to make it simpler for you to connect with your doctor, without having to go into the office.
eVisit’s product is very popular among healthcare professionals. Usage increased by a factor of 10 in just a few months during 2020, and it’s accelerating. As you can imagine, the team needs to grow!
I came to eVisit to build the best telemedicine platform on the planet. If you join us in 2021, you can put your hand on the steering wheel with us and leave a big mark on this team and the entire healthcare industry. If you’ve ever wished you could look back at a hugely successful company and say “I was part of that”, this is your chance.
Where’s the job?
We are 100% remote, and staying that way. We are able to hire engineers in all 50 states and internationally. You can work from wherever you want. Our team was distributed internationally even before the pandemic. It’s baked into how we work.
What's the job?
We are looking for someone with web video experience to help us evolve our software to the next level. We currently use Vonage video, and are migrating to Twilio. But that's only the beginning. We need someone to lead a dedicated team of engineers to continually improve our video experience. This includes building state-of-the-art monitoring, evaluating new video technologies, and building advanced features like background blur. You will have autonomy to define the technical video roadmap and lead the video engineering team the way you want.
Our interview process:
We believe you shouldn’t have to disappear from your current job for an entire day to interview with us. We also believe you shouldn’t have to write code for a live audience, but rather we want you to code on your own time, in your own environment, where you do your best work.
Here’s how it works:
- A 30-minute info call with our recruiter or VP of engineering
- Three 30-minute, back-to-back, one-on-one interviews with our engineers.
- A take-home coding exercise
- Group session for you to meet the team
This is a specialized role that requires working experience in web video technology. To be successful, you will need to bring experience with WebRTC, signaling, and networking.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate the five eVisit company values.
This is a senior role within our engineering team. We believe senior engineers should have the following:
- System Thinkers: Senior engineers go beyond writing code and fixing bugs. The ideal senior engineer is an exemplary individual contributor who can think in terms of architecture, not just code. They focus on solving problems, and sometimes with code.
- Continuous Improvers: Senior engineers are interested in improving the work of engineers through continuous deployment, test automation, post mortem analysis, monitoring, analytics, security, and performance improvements.
- Learners: Senior engineers have a track record of learning new technologies and diving deep into how things work. They seek balance by not being distracted by every shiny new technology.
- Polyglots: Senior engineers are proficient in multiple programming languages. We believe this gives valuable perspective that helps them reach for the best solution for the problem.
- Collaborators: Senior engineers work closely with product managers and designers to create the best products for our customers, even in early product definition. They occasionally field questions from our support team, and triage issues from outside engineering.
- Experienced: Time isn’t a guarantee of experience, but we believe that a senior engineer needs at least 5 years of full-time professional experience to accrue enough good judgment to be considered senior.
- Full Stack: We expect engineers to develop deep expertise in the areas where they work. While we don’t expect any one engineer to be an expert in every area, we do expect them to be familiar with every area. A senior engineer knows where their knowledge begins and ends, and when to enlist the help of experts.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA & FSA plans
- Generous PTO plan, plus 10 paid national holidays
- A fun, collaborative environment where the company is working to define the future of telemedicine
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
- 100% remote work