15 years ago brands controlled customer experiences. But in 2021, it’s customer experiences that control brands. Customers now choose businesses based on shared experiences, not ads. So marketers now have to create and promote great experiences, and they need a platform that can do this at scale.
Birdeye is an all-in-one Experience Marketing platform for multi-location businesses. More than 60,000 businesses of all sizes use Birdeye every day to be found online and chosen through listings, reviews and referrals; be connected with leads and customers on the channels of their choice, and deliver the best customer experience with survey, ticketing and insights tools.
Founded in 2012, Birdeye is headquartered in Palo Alto, and led by alumni from Google, Amazon, Salesforce and Yahoo. Birdeye is backed by Salesforce founder Marc Benioff, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang, Trinity Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The company has been the highest-rated Experience Marketing platform over the last 5 years on G2.
To learn more, please visit: https://birdeye.com
What You'll Do:
Birdeye is looking for a driven finance professional to play a key role in reporting and planning activities in addition to providing key analytics in support of the sales organization. The role will be responsible for collecting, validating, analyzing, and communicating financial and operational data to drive key business decisions and efficiency in growing the sales team. This role reports to the Director, FP&A and is based in our headquarters in Palo Alto. Open to remote for the right fit.
- Manage the annual financial and operational budget and the quarterly and monthly financial forecasts for the sales organization
- Support the Sales function with financials and key business metrics, including sales efficiency, sales productivity, pricing and discounting, sales pipeline, headcount ratios etc
- Build detailed, scenario based, financial models to track and analyze investment priorities and evaluate potential alternatives and their impact on the company's overall performance; communicate key messages to senior management
- Become the trusted partner to the leaders of the Sales team, working with them on deal structure, pricing, and contracting
- Work with sales leaders to review and establish commissions plans and quarterly sales spiffs, helping teams understand the financial implications of these plans; review monthly commissions calculations
- Leverage various types of data (financial, operational, customer, etc.) to prepare ad-hoc analyses and to deliver accurate, timely, and unbiased view of performance
- Develop repeatable business, operational and financial processes, partnering closely with the business systems team, to identify key areas of improvement for maximum efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Strategy, Business or related field; MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in HiTech industry, preferably in SaaS/Technology field
- Proven success in understanding businesses and model-building; cross-functional collaboration to implement new processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in fast paced startup work environment; Flexible and adaptable to change of priorities
- Positive, can do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills; Proficiency in Salesforce, NetSuite, Adaptive Planning and other relevant financial systems/software
Why You’ll Join Us:
At Birdeye, we know that our success is tied to our customers’ success, so we are continually raising the bar for ourselves and others around us to deliver meaningful results.
We seek to innovate and to be the #1 product in our category, which means we need to drive results for our customers and to always deliver what we commit.
Our quality needs to be world-class and second to none, so we are exceptionally hands-on to get work done. We roll up our sleeves and DO.
Working at Birdeye means being part of a tight-knit family that helps you succeed and loves to celebrate with you! We find strength in diversity and inclusion, so we strive to find different points of view and expect everyone to represent their authentic self at all times.
- Employer-paid benefits with multiple health plan options (HSA, PPO)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work from home options available
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Employee Resource Groups - network with like-minded "Birds"
- Abundant opportunities that come with a dynamic and fast-growing organization!