About GOBI Technologies - We are a Microsoft-focused provider. We focus on delivering modern IT to our clients. Our solutions include Azure, Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Data Platform.
The ideal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will have experience in customer-facing roles and success implementing cloud-based solutions, migrating workloads to the cloud, and experience with connecting and managing hybrid cloud environments.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, the infrastructure engineer will work with customers to deliver high-quality engagements around Microsoft’s solution areas, technologies, and products in diverse client environments.
- Engage with customers at early stages to help address their cloud journey concerns and develop an adoption strategy
- Collaborate with colleagues in project development and implementation plans
- Design and execute the technical implementation for Microsoft infrastructure and cloud computing services
- Collaborate with Technical Account Manager on project delivery and ongoing client technical management
- Provide infrastructure support as needed
- Provide cloud optimization across customer infrastructures
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Strong technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security, and storage
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures
- Solid understanding of cloud virtualization, storage, and networking
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell, Chef, and ARM templates
- Experience with deploying and managing the infrastructure for databases such as SQL Server, Maria
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM, and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is an advantage
- Minimum 8 years of relevant industry experience in a Microsoft enterprise environment including:
- Understanding of cloud architectures and models
- Deployment of Windows Client and Windows Server in production environments.
- Configuration of Windows infrastructure via Group Policy and/or scripts (PowerShell is ideal)
- Strong Networking Skills: DNS, DHCP, IP, Firewall, Switching, Routing, and Load-Balancing
- Terminal Services and remote workplace for a highly available production deployment
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite / Enterprise Mobility + Security (EM+S) a plus
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on-premises workloads to the cloud
- 3+ years of experience with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) upgrade, consolidation, and migration projects
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft 365 with at least one year of experience migrating mailboxes
- 1+ year experience with hybrid Azure deployments