ProducePay is transforming the fresh produce industry through a transparent marketplace, flexible financing, and better insights into the market. We are a grower focused company that likes helping the little guy. We have raised over $60 million to take ProducePay to the next level, and are rapidly growing out the team to bring us there.
ProducePay's Engineering Culture
Ownership Mindset: From our product teams to our individual team members, we take full ownership of what we do.
Product Obsessed: Our engineers don't just build tech, they build products.
Ego Free: Our team knows that everyone has something to teach, and that there's always more to learn.
Relentless Simplification: We are constantly simplifying what we do, from processes, to user experience, to the code we write.
Constant Growth: We do not stand still. We constantly strive to improve and grow as individuals and as a team.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the Finance team. ProducePay provides alternative financing to growers, and has financed more than a billion dollars in fresh produce. This is all powered by our Finance Platform, used by the operations team to track shipments. As an engineer on the Finance team, you will continue to develop this software by designing and developing features on the platform.
- Work with the product, design, sales, and marketing teams to build new software products that meet our customers’ needs.
- Take ownership of technical direction, design, and architecture for new features within our platform.
- Provide frontend leadership for the Finance Platform
- This role is more frontend focused, but there are no frontend-exclusive roles at ProducePay. We’re looking for someone to demonstrate technical leadership on the frontend but who is also willing to work on the backend, write a one-off script, or work on anything else that needs to get done.
- Mentor and guide other engineers using your awesome knowledge and experience. Whether through code reviews or pair programming, we want to learn from you.
- Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in ourselves and our team.
- Extensive experience with building web applications. You’ve seen some stuff, and whether it’s good, bad, or ugly it continues to inform the decisions you make on the software you build.
- Experience with React
- Our stack includes React, Rails, GraphQL, Elixir, Phoenix, and Postgres. We’re looking for team members excited to work with these technologies.
- Experience shipping production-quality software for 5+ years.
- Experience working with agile software development processes.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment. You enjoy solving large and oftentimes ambiguous problems.
- You are obsessed with the user experience and have a passion for building products that delight users.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You are a lifetime learner that isn’t afraid of diving into something new.
- You love to collaborate on problems that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k - company automatically contributes 3%
- Parking and Phone plans
- Friday Team Lunches
- Regular team outings (go-karting, paintball etc.) - just ask for our team photos to check how much fun we had ;)
- Unlimited time off
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members