Have you thought about your post-pandemic job?
- States are starting to reopen and companies are asking employees to come back to the office.
- Are you more productive and less stressed working remote?
- Are you concerned what impact going back to the office will have on you?
- Do you have more disposable income because you're not commuting to an office?
- You might want to consider the opportunities with us!
Evolve Mortgage Services is a leading provider of outsourced mortgage solutions with the company’s roots going back over 25 years. Evolve’s experience is unequaled in the industry and has helped hundreds of clients dramatically grow and scale their mortgage sector. At Evolve we work side by side with mortgage lenders, banks, and credit unions to help them close more mortgage loans and reduce overhead while remaining Adaptable, Reliable, Cohesive, and Seamless in those efforts.
We are seeking experienced Sr. Underwriters to join our team as full-time employees. This position is fully remote and open to those residing within the United States. We have a position available in our Due Diligence/QC Underwriting Department.
Work with a firm with more than 20 years of Remote Underwriting experience, where our team comes first. Here at Evolve Mortgage, we have strived to build a work environment that we proudly believe is The Best In Mortgage Underwriting. The owners, directors, and managers of Evolve want our underwriters to be happy, and to have long-term careers with the company.
Evolve Mortgage Services was started in the first financial crisis in the late ’90s. We also made lemonade out of the lemons in the last financial crisis and came out stronger than ever. We expect no less here in the COVID-19 era and are already growing because of our model, helping the industry to manage this crisis. We are and have been for more than a decade, a 100% remote company, allowing our employees to work from their home offices. This is not new to us. Studies have shown that our model can save an individual approximately $20,000 annually when all the benefits of remote are added up versus getting dressed and driving into an office. Our compensation plans are designed to allow you to manage your own level of compensation and have your work revolve around your life, not the other way around. We look forward to you joining our Family!
Underwriter is responsible for underwriting residential loans ensuring compliance with corporate and secondary market investor standards. underwriter is responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, rendering decisions and subsequent clearing of conditions to ensure credit guidelines are met.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform underwriting of conventional Jumbo, Non agency and Business Purpose (DSCR) mortgage loans including a detailed review of the residential mortgage loan application and documentation as submitted to ensure loans meet agency and/or Client underwriting guidelines
- identifying any additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision including the ability to repay testing
- Analyze borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Review property appraisal
- Accurately calculate borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios based on acceptable agency and company practices
- Effectively communicate all lending decisions to appropriate parties as defined by company
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
- Provide quality control responses in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Proficient in underwriting of agency and non agency loan collateral.
- High attention to detail
- Prioritizing workload with ability to multitask in a high-volume environment
- Ability to contribute and work in a team environment
- Proficiency underwriting engines, imaging and other systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technology savvy, with the ability to work in varied systems
- Proficiency with mortgage underwriting
- Experience in on-line training tools
- Experience in third party reviews for securitization
Work Environment: Remote work environment.
Evolve Mortgage Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer