The world is becoming digital. Data and AI are one of the hottest growth markets. DvSum is on a mission to bring data-driven decision making to every business. DvSum helps companies make their data trust-worthy and reduce data preparation time for analytics and AI. We do it through our one-of-its-kind data intelligence platform built for the cloud. Companies like Coca-cola use our platform to ensure high quality data drive business operations and analytics.
We are looking for a data science intern to work with our supply chain analytics team to learn and contribute to a Customer's Industry 4.0 / Digital campaign. The predictive analytics project entails working with real-world customer data creating 2 prediction models - one for machine performance prediction and one for demand sensing.
WHAT WE OFFER :
- Full-time internships in the heart of Silicon Valley. (Remote ok)
- Exposure to a fast-paced, fun and inclusive culture
- A chance to work with world-class experts, real-world data and challenging problem
- A chance to work on an exciting, skill and resume boosting Data, ML/AI project
- Opportunity to provide meaningful contributions to a real system used by customers
- High level of access to supervisors (manager and mentor), detailed direction without micromanagement, feedback throughout your internship, and a final evaluation.
WHAT WE EXPECT :
- Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience working as a data analyst / data scientst in manufacturing or consumer products company
- When: Summer (June – September)
- Proficiency with Python, core, programming and use of python libraries related to data analysis and data classification algorithms
- Proficiency in ML/AI algorithms for supervised learning and regression problems
- Confident, Organized and have a high attention to detail and driving results through collaboration, teamwork, and a positive attitude
- Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
- Functional knowledge of building ML models in Azure using Azure Data Lake and Spark / Data Bricks
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and effectively communicating with both business and technical teams
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / GAIN :
- Experience building ML models on real-world customer datasets
- Learn about supply chain data models and ML/AI use-cases in Industry 4.0 and Supply Chain
- Experience deploying ML models in Azure
DvSum is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and DvSum.
How do you want to make your impact?