Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment. Some examples of our #AI4good work include contributing to animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards, and improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning the architecture for software solutions
- Designing and developing high-quality, beautiful data-centric applications
- Writing maintainable and extendable high-quality code
- Guiding decisions made by the team working on a project, making sure we choose good solutions, challenging unfounded assumptions and working directly with clients to discover what their true needs are
- When necessary, lead a small (2-4 person) team of developers
- Working with data scientists to make the models that they build usable by people, e.g. in the form of an API
What we expect
- Experience as a Tech Lead (you’ve made technical decisions in teams of at least 3 people)
- Experience in designing scalable solutions (performance testing, load balancing, microservices, deployment automation, end-to-end testing)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to prototype quickly and rapidly adapt to coding challenges
- Strong focus on business/user needs
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly (you’ll learn R/Shiny here). If you’ve experimented with languages such as Haskell, Scala, Golang, Erlang – that’s a plus.
- English language B2/C1 level and strong communication skills
- Drive for high code quality, modern development practices and automated testing, and constant improvement of yourself and your team
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD tools, Git, Gitflow, server-side cloud solutions
What we offer
- 17000 – 22000 pln (b2b)
- 26 Vacation Days
- Approximately 11 Additional Public Holidays
- 4 Personal Development Days to use for trainings and career development
- Personal Development Budget: +5% on top of your gross salary that allows you to invest in your skills, mental health, or well-being
- The latest M1 MacBook as a blazing fast machine for work
- Employment type: we’re flexible – you can choose between umowa o prace employment (Polish residents only) or B2B. B2B contracts retain many attractive benefits such as vacation days.
- An opportunity to work with high-profile Fortune 500 clients, including some of the world’s most important companies. Unlike other software consulting companies, who compete in the red ocean of software development, Appsilon offers scarcely available services, sought after by the largest organizations in the world.
- Flexible working hours that let you balance a satisfying career with a robust personal life
- A remote-first work setup that accommodates the need to complete deep work with minimal distraction
- A smart and friendly English-speaking team with a great, non-toxic company culture. Our team members have worked for Fortune 500 companies like Google, Microsoft, and Bank of America. Many have earned PhDs and MScs from some of the best academic institutions worldwide.
- A chance to grow your role within a young and profitable tech company driven by a positive mission. More information on our AI For Good Initiative here: https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good/
- Semi-annual in-person company retreats when it becomes safe travel
- Virtual assistant service via AskHenry.pl (in-person assistant service for Polish Residents)
- Benefits for Polish residents: private health care, sport/culture card, and more
What will your work look like?
- You’ll be reporting directly to our VP of Engineering and will receive active mentoring from him
- You’ll work in a team of 2-5 people on one or two projects at a time
- We work in an agile way (Scrum / Scrumban)
- You’ll learn R programming language and Shiny framework
- You will use cloud solutions, mainly AWS and Google Cloud
- You will automate your work with Docker, Ansible, and Terraform
- You will take care of high quality of code – an integral part of your work will be code review, unit tests, end-to-end tests and best practices that we share in our Tech Talks
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Write to: email@example.com or use the Apply button below!