At Scandit, we develop real-time computer vision solutions for smartphones, wearables, and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with computer vision. To expand our engineering team, we are looking for an Android Software Engineer.
You will be in charge of our Play Store apps as well as our SDK which are both written in Kotlin. Our SDK helps other Android developers create engaging user experiences around barcode scanning and AR and is currently in use on more than 75 million mobile phones worldwide.
In the apps, you will help bring out the best of the SDK by implementing an engaging user experience, a beautiful UI, and flexible remote customization. In the SDK you will help increase our global developer community by exposing new data capture features as well as continually improving the developer experience.
You will be responsible for writing well-architected and performant Android code to provide the best possible user experience to our current and potential customers. In all this, you will work closely with the other mobile teams as well as our UX designers.
- You know your way around Kotlin, Java and the Android universe
- You love to collaborate in a small team and quickly iterate on feedback
- You appreciate good software architecture and love to apply it to your code
- You have a history of creating beautiful, engaging user experiences on Android
- You have a good understanding of UI architectural patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- You enjoy working in an international team and dream big
- You are thorough and pay attention to detail
- You are passionate about the latest technologies and learning them
- Flexible working hours and a fun environment as part of our growing Warsaw team
- Opportunity to take ownership and collaborate in an English-speaking, international, and diverse team, where your passion for working with cutting-edge technologies and highly-skilled people will flourish
- The opportunity to travel to Zurich HQ for hackathons, Christmas parties, company outings, and other regular events
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in San Francisco, Boston, London, Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.
To see an example of what you could be working on, check out one of our demo videos.