Varicent is the industry-leading Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution enabling businesses worldwide to Plan, Operate and Pay effectively to drive sales performance and growth.
A named Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Sales Performance Management seven times in a row, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitte's Fast 50™ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. In January 2020, Varicent acquired Symon.AI, a visionary technology platform built on sophisticated Natural Language and Machine Learning algorithms that provide easy to use, drag and drop, No Code AI and advanced analytics to business users, developers and data scientists alike. Recently, Symon.AI earned Ventana's 13th Annual Digital Innovation Award for Office of Sales. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
Reporting to the General Manager of Symon.AI GTM, the Product Marketing Senior Manager understands the data science and AI market and buyers to help develop and drive Varicent Symon.AI OEM marketing strategy. Must be interested in building an OEM marketing plan in the fast growing AI market space. This individual will be responsible for applying product, buyer and routes-to-market expertise to support end-to-end marketing fueling growth and product adoption. S/he will deliver crisp messaging, compelling points of view and proof points to establish the product's market position, competitive advantage and business results. This position will require close collaboration and partnership with colleagues across functions including Product Management, Product Development, Product Marketing, Campaigns teams and Partner team.
- Define the market opportunity for Symon.AI OEM GTM; perform research to identify OEM use cases and target buyers with highest propensity to buy.
- Conduct secondary and primary research to gather data and insight about key buyer roles, needs and purchasing requirements.
- Influence product development via well-defined market requirements.
- Partner with product management to create competitive intelligence and content for use in positioning Symon.AI OEM against similar offerings.
- Create personas and build differentiated positioning and messaging for Symon.AI OEM based on buyer understanding, marketing trends and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with leadership to produce a sales enablement plan as well as develop and deliver enablement and sales materials.
- Plan and orchestrate product launch/release activities using effective tools and techniques to maximize market penetration and sales impact.
- Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including demand creation and reputation building.
- Create marketing content including messaging guides, presentations, articles, blog posts, digital/social assets, etc. in close collaboration with Campaigns, Digital Marketing and Community teams.
- Assist in the development of customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use.
- Evangelize and serve as spokesperson for Symon.AI OEM by speaking at proprietary and third-party events to create market “buzz” and drive higher value to customers and the business.
- Support analyst and media relations activities to improve Varicent and Symon.ai awareness and consideration.
- B.A./B.S in marketing or related field, M.B.A. or equivalent in related work experience preferred
- 7+ years of work experience with 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing or related roles
- Understanding of the data science and AI market, experience in OEM required
- Ability to converse with product managers and developers and distill technical information into simple and meaningful marketing messaging and storylines
- Operates effectively in a dynamic environment, adaptable and keeps a can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills that foster cross-functional teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving results
- Experience marketing to analysts, data scientists or developers a plus
- Product management experience a plus