We're looking for a Business Development Manager to deliver Account Management, Business Development and Sales Forecasting activities within our broad scope of customers businesses
If you're experienced in developing business with your customer that adds value within both your business and your customers this may be what you're looking for!
We are one of Europe's fastest growing technology businesses, helping companies develop and manufacture emerging robotic and machine technologies to disrupt, lead and grow their markets.
We work with businesses across all sectors who are constantly seeking ways to improve their efficiency, reduce their costs, increase their speed to service customers, find ways to reduce their working capital and to improve their operating margins.
From our ‘world-class' Northumberland HQ facility, we've grown massively through well planned and sustainable year on year growth. Through designing and developing bespoke Advanced Machine and Robotic solutions we have proven our ability to deliver and have driven high levels of customer satisfaction. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and innovation to join the team and progress with us as we continue to grow.
As part of this continued success, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to work with us developing business within our customers businesses.
Tharsus was listed as one of the fastest growing private tech companies in the Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100; was Employer of the Year in the 2020 Chamber Awards, and was crowned North East Business of the Year last year.
We have a great ‘can do' culture, with our colleagues being given real responsibility early on in their careers.
We're in an easily accessible location just off the A1 and A19 in Blyth, Northumberland.
What you'll do:
- Managing multiple accounts you'll lead the Account Management, Business Development and Sales Forecasting within the accounts
- Working with senior and technical colleagues you'll ensure that account plans are aligned with business objectives. You'll be generating sales with new and existing products or services, a multifaced and complex process
- You'll work with a broad spread of customers so national and potentially global travel will be the norm for you
- Penetrating your customer business you'll be uncovering opportunities that have not yet come to the surface. You'll draw from and lead all of the resources available to be successful.
- You'll align your account development with the Tharsus business growth objectives
- Working with a number of mature and maturing client you will maximise our sales opportunity in these accounts, as well as defend our position as the relationships develop
- We are at the forefront of the rapidly developing robotic automation market. There is significant interest in what we do from both corporate organisations and ambitious technology start ups.
- Partnership lies at the heart of how we work. We navigate our customers from the idea for their new AMR, through commercial clarity, technology strategy, development, and delivery of world class value added manufacturing.
What about you?
- You'll be commercially adept and technically astute, comfortable with revenue streams of £100m in mature accounts as well as developing newer relationships towards that level of revenue
- As someone who naturally promotes products and services you'll be able to see the broader strategic landscape, scoping for opportunities and AND you'll do the detail
- You'll have stature / gravitas / poise that will be expected with this level of customer interaction. You'll be comfortable to be an ambassador of the business.
- You'll be capable of executing ambitious growth plans within a fast-growing business as part of a competent team who get stuff done
- You'll have a Degree or equivalent in a field related to what we do for example Engineering / Computer Science / Business
- If you've worked within IT software hardware SAAS or a Consultancy, probably selling technology products and/or services that would be great
- You'll have practiced sales methodologies that you will bring with you along with excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- You'll be a negotiator, an influencer and a conflict resolver
- You'll be able to tell us about your successes within major account development
- A leader and a team player.
In return you'll get:
You'll get the chance to join a fast-growing business and be a contributing factor to its success where your achievement will be both visible and recognised.
We want colleagues to achieve and excel at every stage of their career so you'll get the exposure needed to facilitate your journey to Sales Director / Business Development Director or similar if that is what you are looking for!
You'll need to be able to spend time at our Northumberland offices and will combine this with regular trips to meet with contacts both in the UK and overseas.
The opportunity to work throughout the business using your knowledge and skills while constantly exploring and developing on your ideas.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including the option to purchasing Additional Annual Leave, Bike to Work
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you'll never have to work on your birthday