Tabeo makes private healthcare more accessible by providing payments and business tools to medical professionals. Its payments platform connects lenders, providers and patients seeking finance. In addition, Tabeo offers medical professionals an easy option to create a website and advertise online. Over 2,000 merchants (healthcare providers) in the UK already partner with Tabeo. 50-80 more sign up every month. Tabeo is profitable and has doubled its monthly income post lockdown.
To serve our growing client base and continue to innovate, Tabeo’s Team is growing week on week and we are constantly looking for exceptional international Talent to join our Team and help us with our mission to modernise healthcare. Our main hub is in London but we have Team members spread across Europe thanks to our remote-friendly approach. Joining our Team now is an incredible opportunity to be part of a growing team and shape the future of the Business by bringing onboard your enthusiasm, your experience and your ambitions.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to help us create amazing experiences for our users. You will work closely with the product management and engineering teams to define and implement solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Lead the design of all the new features and improvements at Tabeo, making sure that each design contributes to a cohesive and harmonious experience for our web apps and marketing pages
- Develop, maintain and improve Tabeo's own Design System.
- Ensure design files and libraries are extremely organised, well-documented and easy to use for yourself and others
- Champion beautiful, intuitive and accessible design to promote best in class user experience, while retaining the pragmatism to make the appropriate trade offs based on technical and operational constraints
- Maintain constant collaboration and communication with the product and engineering teams throughout the design process to identify potential UX or implementation issues early
- Responsible for producing polished UI elements, animations, and beautiful graphic designs to be used for our screens, icons, illustrations and occasional print marketing
- Collaborate with the product team on the copy that will populate your designs, focusing on easy-to-understand language, and consistency of tone of voice throughout your designs
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience designing interfaces in-house for a fast-growing SaaS startup (bonus if FinTech)
- You have a strong portfolio of work showcasing your experience and skillset with a focus on responsive web-based design, preferably on a SaaS product.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions, always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You understand that a lean approach and working iteratively are key to delivering value in a fast-growing company that relies on user feedback, so you don't need much preparation to jump into initial sketches for an idea that you just discussed.
- You are highly organised and are able to work independently without needing top-down direction. You will be expected to liaise with the product team to determine the highest impact areas to work on
- You're a strong communicator with excellent English writing skills and you understand that language plays a key role in the user experience
Flexibility is a must. We work in a fast-paced environment and we are growing very quickly. This means that you may be given additional responsibilities to help out other teams throughout the business.
- Adobe CC
- Employee share options
- £2,000 annual training and development budget to be used at your discretion
- Full kit for home office
- Life and Health Insurance (Including dental) for UK residents
- Yearly Company retreat
- Contribution pension scheme
- Regular trips to our London hub
We are considering applicants for our London office or fully remote from anywhere GMT +/- 3.
*If you're applying to work remotely from the UK you have to be eligible to work in the UK. For working outside of the UK (remotely GMT +/-3) eligibility to work in the UK is not required.