At Axitech (www.axitech.co) we are transforming Auto Insurance claims, delivering customer facing experiences directly into automotive organisations. Our mission is to deliver a step change to the way that Auto Manufacturers engage their customers during the highly stressful ‘moment of truth’ that is a car accident. We are an early stage startup backed by leading European VCs, with a great pipeline of partnerships looking to integrate our value proposition. We are looking for an experienced Product Owner, wanting to join us as we scale and deliver ever more sophisticated tech and grow our ecosystem.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented problem solver with a startup mentality and an appreciation of the entire product development process. As a growing startup at a crucial stage, you will be working closely with the Head of Product, initially on the full suite of Axitech products before being tasked with taking ownership of our Claims Customer Experience solutions. We are a remote team, with a blend of in-house engineering and freelance/distributed developers. This role presents a great opportunity to lead product definition and delivery as part of a SCRUM team for a major component of the Axitech platform.
From business analysis and requirements definition, to execution and customer feedback, you will be passionate about prioritising for impact and continuously improving processes that scale with us. With a healthy list of external integrations, you should be able to clearly manage external dependencies, deliver realistic release schedules, lead technical discussions, communicate complexity clearly (both written and verbally) to all stakeholders and manage trade-offs through excellent story definition, backlog management, and supporting product docs.
To join us in taking our products to the next stage, we value T shaped people, combined with adaptive mindset and resilience in the face of uncertainty. You will be a pragmatic, servant leader that understands business challenges, can rapidly weigh up strategic decisions and translate them with care into items for the development team.
On a day-to-day basis this entails:
- Developing and maintaining the product backlog, ensuring requirements are delivered at the right time with the right level of detail
- Negotiating scope and complexity to robustly estimate and prepare release roadmaps that hit targets for customer outcomes.
- Flexing your creative muscle and having your say as the ‘voice of customer’ in new features and initiatives as a natural partner to design and engineering.
- Maintaining the knowledge base for the product, ensuring that information is easy to consume and new features can be rapidly shipped with supporting materials.
- Managing the sprint cadence and facilitating where necessary to ensure team buy in and shared contributions
- Manage defects during development, to ensure sprints end with acceptable product increments.
- Identifying areas to improve the efficiency and performance of our products at meeting customer needs, and target these areas with a lean & agile mindset.
The Candidate 😎
- Expert at requirements decomposition and delivering impact while minimising waste.
- High trait conscientiousness, with experience in delivering product documentation to large enterprises
- Systems thinker with a passion for the entire product process, from ideation workshops through to Design & definition and execution.
- Desire to expand scope and build deeper skills to specialise, e.g. in product marketing, technical product development, growth, sales, design e.t.c.
- Passionate about team with a desire to grow with the organisation and continuously challenge yourself
- Strong desire to join a startup and experience growth stages.
Your Skillset 💪
- At least 2 years working full time as a Product Owner in B2B or B2C software products
- Experience growing a product from concept or early release to delivery in production
- Battle-hardened ability to organise and prioritise team workload proactively
- Comfortable leading workshops with experience in Agile exercises like user story mapping, planning poker, BDD scenario mapping e.t.c.
- Experience with software related to customer service, CRMs, implementing customer support workflows or other digital experience tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Bonus Points 🚀
- Understanding of platform strategy, design and ecosystem development
- Interest and skills in UX/service/business process design
- Knowledge of the insurance claims landscape and latest Insurtech trends
- Experience with the automotive industry / an interest in Connected Car technology!