Synergy Sports, a Division of Sportradar, named by Fast Company as one of the world's top 10 most innovative companies in sports, seeks a talented Data Scientist to join our fully remote software team.
This position offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
As a member of the Synergy team, its engineering team will contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s revolutionary online sports data and video delivery solutions, building applications such as:
- Sports Workflow Applications
- Sports Analytic Systems
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well being of our team and their loved ones.
Note: This is a fully remote job and your physical location can be anywhere in Europe or USA.
- 3+ years of experience in data science or data engineering related role
- Demonstrated, creative problem-solving using data analysis
- Applied experience with regression analysis and other statistical modeling techniques
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Fundamental understanding of Machine learning concepts (e.g. cross-validation, statistical basis for ML algorithms, etc..)
- Experience scaling and operationalizing data science models in production settings
- Experience working with MongoDB, MySQL, or other relational/noSQL databases
- Software engineering background
- Sport-specific analytics experience
- Previous experience leading a team
- Work remotely on a fully distributed and asynchronous team.
- Big problems, massive impact. We’re working on big scalability challenges and our flat structure means individuals have an incredible amount of impact on everything they touch.
- A-players only. Join our team of best-in-class engineers to disrupt the sports industry and learn, share and grow with great peers on a daily basis.
- A culture geared towards innovation and experimentation. From Deep learning and Computer vision to Kubernetes and the latest cloud technologies.
- Competitive salary based on your experience.