This is your perfect chance to combine your love of cars, clients, and campaigns, all while working remotely for an automotive marketing agency.
Interested? Please take the time to read the whole thing, and if you still think you're a great fit, please apply at the end.
Here’s the deal:
- First, this is not a sales position. You’re not bringing in new clients. You’ll be responsible for keeping and growing the relationships of our existing clients.
- Second, you’re not directly executing campaigns by yourself. You have a team. You’re in the driver’s seat of growing their business with our system.
- You’re the business expert for your clients. You’ll get to know their business, their market, their brand, and you’ll own the relationship. You’ll need to communicate the client’s style and business nuances back to our team. Your pit crew can only take you as far as the insights that you provide them.
- Help direct internal projects for your clients. Know what needs to be done, and work to get the team on the same page to get it done on time. A project manager will help you along the way.
- Typical projects range from website design and development to promotional PPC campaigns to email campaigns to direct mail to print design.
What it takes to be successful here:
- Great communication skills. Since this is remote, you will build your relationships via phone, email, and video conferencing. You have to be at the top of your game here and build a relationship remotely.
- Take the time to develop a great client relationship by knowing the industry, the client's business, and the marketing opportunities available to them. Our relationships with our clients are the cornerstone of a high retention rate.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Get things done by yourself and through others. We use Asana and have a straightforward system. You’ll be managing multiple client projects simultaneously and need to keep track of who’s doing what when.
- The ability to self-learn. Don’t know the automotive tire & repair industry? Can you learn it quickly? Take the time to pick up the lingo and the ins and outs of the industry.
What’s a bad fit all around?
- Check your ego at the door. We’re a team and a community. Our first employee is still with us.
- Only work for large companies? Sorry, from experience, it’s not going to be a good fit. We tend to work better with those from Inc 500 companies than Fortune 500.
If you don’t meet the requirements, please don’t apply.
- At least 3 years of experience working as an account manager.
- At least 3 years working in a marketing role at an agency or in-house.
- Digital marketing experience.
- Detail-oriented (There can be a lot of moving parts. You have to be able to keep track of them all)
- Personable, generally people really like you, and you can build a relationship over video.
- US resident able to work core hours between 9:30 AM EST and 3:30 PM EST for 40 hours per week.
Who We Work Best With On Our Team
(Don’t meet these? It’s not you; it’s us, you’re just not the right fit for this position)
- Thrive on a small team
- Enjoy learning, reading, and self-improvement
- Think of this as a career and not just a job. You find yourself constantly thinking about how a brand you just got an email from could have done it better.
- “Detailed.” Please use this passcode when applying in your CV. You’ll need it.
- Are entirely comfortable with a project management system and keeping track of multiple projects across multiple clients.
- Care about people and not just checking off a task list.
- Love working remotely and don’t think the cubicle life is for you.
The Day To Day
- Work from anywhere - Portland to Pensacola. You just need to have great wifi for video for your video calls. After your client calls, you’ll need to communicate what’s working, what’s not, and what the client wants with the team through Asana, email, or a video meeting. After those projects are in the queue, you’ll be the go-between to ensure that the client is happy, the team is true to the client’s brand, and things are still on track.
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, monitor, and other resources that you may need.
- Because we’re remote, we have frequent video meetings with the company, calls with clients, and IM via Slack.
- Fully Remote
- USA resident required.