When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology!
Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
For more information about Renaissance, visit https://www.renaissance.com/about-us/, and Schoolzilla, visit https://schoolzilla.com/about/.
Product Owners at Renaissance Learning are responsible for making product decisions and prioritizing work to positively influence our comprehensive product offerings used by school systems around the world. As a member of this team, you'll be at the center of product innovation and development. You'll collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers, and your teammates to take ideas from concept to reality, utilizing your full range of Agile skills and a healthy dose of user empathy.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a scrum team by performing activities like planning releases, creating project plans and breakthroughs, risk identification, alignment multi-functional teams etc.
- Actively work to help the scrum team accomplish their goals, identify barriers, and work to resolve them so work gets accomplished
- Drive scrum processes and ensure the team adhered to Agile methods
- With minimal guidance and mentoring, build product functionality and components keeping in mind the customer needs and partners requests.
- Independently translate and prioritize approved backlog initiatives into groomed user stories
- Develop a relationship with Product Management to effectively share product and customer vision with the scrum team so that they fully understand the business value of projects and can collaborate on cost, scope and resource decisions.
- Define and refine acceptance criteria and work with the User Experience designer and Solutions Architect to uphold the design.
- Collaborate across teams and platforms to work toward consistency in processes and continuous improvements.
For this role, you must have:
- BS in a related field with 2-5 years proven experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Lean/Agile practices and processes
Bonus points for:
- Experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Product Owner
- CSPO or CSM certification
- Background in the Education or EdTech fields
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range - $67,000 - 129900 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Many of us choose to work at Renaissance because we are driven by this mission.
Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in our culture, in our work, and in our products.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. Make our team, your team!
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/