As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for guiding your team on how to use Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
If you have been searching for a company with a strong commitment to empowering self-directed teams to deliver great software, we might have a lot to talk about. You would be part of a small, persistent team and have endless opportunities to take on responsibility, continue learning, and mentor others.
You will work to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on working together to solve problems.
- Build a team culture consistent with the Scrum Core Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment
- Work with the Product Owner to align teams with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Assist with communication by improving transparency and radiating information.
- Coach Product Owners in creation and maintenance of the product backlog, including empirical planning
- Support and coach your team using a servant leadership by facilitating conversations to get work done without the need for coercion, assigning, or dictating a path forward – help build self organizing teams.
- Surface, escalate, and remove impediments with urgency.
- Facilitate engaging discussions, drive continuous improvement, and build a team that makes you excited to come to work every morning
- Understand Lean and Agile practices and principles, help teams continuously improve with focus on metrics
You are an internally motivated Scrum Master; agile and design thinking are firmly rooted in the way you think and work. Passion for your craft will go a long way in making you successful in this role.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master. You likely have your PSM or CSM and love to have spirited discussions on agile best practices
- Expertise with Agile and Scrum frameworks and their application in Product Development and delivery organization
- Ability to demonstrate organization, planning, decision making, negotiating, diplomacy, and change management skills
- Ability to lead with confidence, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Knowledge of industry-wide agile techniques and technology strategies
- Drive development teams towards advancing the roadmap and deliverables
Kapitus is one of the most reliable and respected names in small business financing. As both a direct lender and a marketplace built with a trusted network of lending partners, we can provide small businesses the financing they need, when and how it is needed.
Kapitus helps small and medium business owners make payroll during tough times, scale to meet the demands of changing markets, and making large purchases to scale their operations. As a company of entrepreneurs who help entrepreneurs, we know how important it is for our clients to make investments in people, process, and technology.
That is why we are passionate about making those types of investments at Kapitus. We have spent the past 15 years building a culture that makes us excited to come to work in the morning. Our company is fast paced, teammates need to be self-directed and have an internal motivation to do the right thing, even when the right thing takes a lot of hard work.
We show our teammates our appreciation by offering great benefits, competitive pay, and solid opportunity for growth.
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.