Genuinely remote friendly: candidates can work remotely anywhere within Australia or New Zealand. Australians looking to return from overseas are also encouraged to apply.
Alooba is looking for a talented Growth Analyst for our client headquartered in Melbourne. This Australian technology company is genuinely one the leaders in its vertical. A highly successful founder-led business since inception 15 years ago, this business has now entered an exciting new growth phase being transformed under new leadership. This business uses its heart as much as its head, with diversity and inclusion central to everything it does. It’s regularly rated as one of the best places to work in Australia and was doing remote work before it was a thing.
As a Growth Analyst you’ll have superb knowledge of digital marketing platforms & experience in the analysis of online marketing campaigns. You'll work within the Growth team, one of the three pillars of the global analytics function, analysing campaigns across various channels (affiliates, SEM, SEO, social etc.). With your inquisitive nature, your teams will rely on you to proactively translate large amounts of data into actionable insights, again and again. You’ll need to have the technical acumen to wrangle, analyse and visualise data, as well as the strong communication skills to convey your insights, and the business acumen to know what matters most. This particular team is very output-focused, with direct communication style and a “get-stuff-done” mentality.
- Proactively own the end-to-end analytics of various marketing campaigns across various channels, such as affiliates, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook etc.
- Establishing & maintaining effective attribution models.
- Working closely with engineering & product teams to ensure that proper tracking is in place.
- Engaging with your team and encouraging a data-informed approach across the company.
- Proactively looking into issues & trends, seeking to resolve them ASAP.
- Building, developing and maintaining dashboarding and reporting used by your team and the wider business.
- Proactively communicating the insights from your analysis and trying to drive home the required improvements.
- Defining and advocating metrics to track campaign health.
- Building & maintaining models of customer behaviour, such as propensity, churn, LTV etc.
- Documenting analytics methods and conduct in-house training sessions on using & interpreting the reports.
Skills & Experience
- You most likely have at least a couple of years of analytics experience, ideally within marketing analytics specifically.
- Experience in post-campaign analysis.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- You have a mastery of SQL. You use it day-in, day-out and you dream in joins and unions.
- You’ll have a solid grasp of statistics; you’ll know your T score from your Z score.
- You’ll have strong experience in any BI or visualisation tool (Looker, Tableau, PowerBI etc.).
- Some skills in Python or R would be advantageous.
- Some experience in the end-to-end process of running A/B tests, from initial hypothesis, tracking, analysis and driving the required changes.
- You’ll have a strong ‘business brain’, with any entrepreneurial highly regarded.
- Market-based, highly competitive salary.
- Profit share.
- Generous paid parental leave, learning opportunities and social connection.
- Genuinely flexible working conditions - work from home, remotely or from the office in Melbourne CBD (pending pandemic restrictions).
- Genuinely respectful, welcoming and inclusive environment.
- A certified B Corp company; this company acts with their heart and head.