Education Editor - Remote or New York
gohenry pioneered the youth fintech category with a mission to make every kid good with money, and we're growing rapidly in the US. Our award-winning product helps over 1.5 million parents and kids gain confidence with money, with a debit card and money management app for kids aged 6-18.
gohenry is focused on delighting its community with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids. The team is deeply committed to this ambitious mission, and as gohenry looks to the future, there is an inspiring and clear vision in place with an incredible foundation to grow from.
gohenry is currently building its US team after recently raising $40M to expand its mission, led by U.S. growth equity firm Edison Partners with investment from Citi Ventures, Muse Capital, and Gaia Capital Partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growth-stage startup accelerating in a new market. gohenry is building something meaningful and delightful for families by helping kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
As Education Editor within the Education stack in the product team, you will have overall responsibility for structuring, managing and producing the financial literacy prospectus and educational content within the gohenry app, for kids and teens of different ages.
You will work in close collaboration with our product managers, researchers, product designers and developers to help us create a first-class mobile financial learning experience for kids and their parents.
What you’ll do
- Define and own the prospectus, structure and organization of educational in-app money “lessons”, tailored by age, in line with US and UK financial literacy guidelines.
- Be the subject matter expert on financial literacy
- Engage and work with third party organizations who can help to advise and guide our approach as required
- Research financial literacy-related topics using online and offline sources
- Personally write and manage a small team writing clear, light-hearted and engaging in-app educational content, in fun storytelling scripts for animations, quizzes and similar short atomic formats.
- Condense complex ideas into a small space, making things crystal clear
- Work with designers and animators to bring content to life in a gamified way
- Produce supporting/companion content for parents
- Identify customers needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics and user challenges
- Oversee & ensure quality and consistency of content in terms of style and tone of voice.
- Provide support to marketing to ensure high-quality communication of the value proposition of our educational product
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a lead content/copywriter/editor writing on financial topics
- Experience in planning / structuring content and managing a team
- Knowledge / experience in financial literacy in the US market, ideally for kids and teens
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English (first language), with a keen eye for detail
- Particular expertise in short form copy/animation scripts, mobile UX copy
- Ability to craft content that is engaging and easy to understand for children of different ages
- Experience working in consumer mobile products, FinTech, EdTech. ideally with gamification
- Evidence of research capability
- Experience working with agile product development teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience working with Product and Marketing teams.
- Passionate about our mission to make every kid good with money
- Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or related field
COVID & remote working
There will be phases to setting up the US office and team.
- Phase 1: In light of COVID the business will start remote. We’ll organize periodic team meet-ups and provide team/business coaching in order to help build our culture.
- Phase 2: We anticipate setting up a workplace in New York City for the team to gather in. TBD on timing due to COVID. We’ll remain open to remote work and the founding US team will be able to shape this.
How can you resist?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health benefits
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401K
- We support flexible and remote working
- 25 PTO days, plus paid holidays (and we really want you to take them all!)
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
Other benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life. We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can earn, save, spend, and give with gohenry’s debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say...
- We help over one million customers improve their money skills every single day.
- 92% of parents said their children are more money confident since using gohenry.
- We’re a high-growth startup and that’s why we need you.
Want to join our mission? If gohenry sounds like a place you’d like to be, please apply using the link below.