At Splash Financial, we believe people pay too much for their financial products while also suffering through long application and approval processes. So we created a better, faster, and cheaper way.
Splash is a leading digital lending platform that helps borrowers easily shop and compare financial products from a Splash-powered network of credit union and bank partners. Recently named among the top 250 private FinTech companies in the world by CB Insights, Splash’s unique hybrid marketplace model and automated underwriting platform has helped the average person refinancing their student loans save thousands.
Splash Financial is hiring a Senior Product Lead to play an essential role in shaping the features and functionality of our website and everything around acquisition of customers. We have a culture of teams with missions and the autonomy to hit their goals. We deliver value to our customers without letting process get in the way. We are a group of really smart people who believe in zero politics, high candor, trust, and transparency. If you love to learn, love to be challenged, and are looking for a high-growth company with a startup culture, then look no further.
Product at Splash
We are committed to being a Customer first organization at Splash and the Product function is a critical role to thinking about user experience and the customer. This role will require expertise and focus on user conversion, engagement and retention around helping people select finance products, to dynamic and engaging experiences around helping people save money. We strive to be the best and our Product Leads are very data driven and always learning as a community to build the best possible products for our customers. At Splash, we want our Product Leads to have ownership and accountability and expect them to be very pro active in collaborating, setting expectations, understanding the customers and working directly with stakeholders in order to build the best products. Your ultimate goal is around increasing customer acquisition and running a lean agile team.
-We a/b test and look at data a lot
- We have minimal hierarchy
- We focus on outcomes over actions.
- Teams are mission-driven and win, or lose, together.
What you'll do:
- You will be a KPI-driven product leader with a clear mission
- You will work closely with Marketing, Engineering, and Executives around improving conversion and continuous engagement on our website
- You will oversee the user experience and changes to the dynamic elements of our finance applications working closely with a dedicated team of engineers and designer.
- You will collaborate closely with the stakeholders , engineers and designers to break down visions into valuable, deliverable pieces and communicate priorities, trade-offs, recommendations and roadmaps.
- During development this role is responsible for ensuring the solutions developed meets the goals of the initiative, and data and metrics are being collected and regularly shared
- Constantly gathering feedback from customers and stakeholders.
Essential Functions of a Product Lead
- Must be an expert in your users and customers. Iterate your solution with constant feedback from the customer. Share very openly what you learn, both the good and the bad. Become your team's and your company's go‐ to person for understanding anything about your customer—quantitative and qualitative.
- Work to establish a strong relationship with your key stakeholders and business partners. Convince them of two things: (1) You understand the constraints they operate under. (2) You will only bring to them solutions that you believe will work within those constraints.
- Become an undisputed expert on your product and your industry. Again, share your knowledge openly and generously. Be resourceful and work closely with folks on the business , network with others in the industry , deep dive on competing products.
- Work very hard to build and nurture the strong collaborative relationship with your product team. I.e. Communicating charters/visions so that every engineer and designer is clear on their goals. Hold the team accountable for deliverables and business outcomes. Hold team accountable to commitments. Working closely with the CPO to ensure focus on the vision. resourcing and personnel for the team.
- Deliver great Products and kill poor performing products. You can only do this by understanding quantitatively how your product performs /adoption (data) and qualitatively what your users think of the product
- You will celebrate successes with your team.
- You will get to know the people you work with as actual people through office game nights, happy hours, breakfast rallies, and other events.
- You can work anywhere! We have a great Remote culture and utilize a number of tools to allow us to be highly collaborative !
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least 5+ years of Product experience
- You have managed high volume consumer web sites with a strong background in how to convert customers and the best practices surrounding user experience for conversion. You come from an environment of using data and running multiple experiments. You have built engaging applications that involve providing value to customers on a frequent basis.
- You have worked in finance (credit cards, insurance, personal loans, mortgage, auto loans etc ) or managed a very well known web/mobile based consumer product with high engagement.
- You are passionate about Product Management as a craft. You are alway learning!!!!
- You have a pragmatic view of your work.
- You have experience managing websites and having a big impact on traffic and conversion
- You are excited to work at a company that helps people.
- You believe in high candor and you are respectful and a great listener.
Employment at Splash is based on individual merit. Opportunities are open to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, handicap, national origin, ancestry, military status, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or other irrelevant factors. Splash is an equal opportunity employer.