Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Product team sets the direction and priorities for our growing Engineering organization. We build close relationships with truck drivers and engineers alike so that we can empathize with them and understand the self-driving problem as deeply as possible. We analyze on-road data with a fine-toothed comb and develop system requirements from first principles. We develop strategies and roadmaps for the team using metrics that we build from the ground up. We understand we have a responsibility to communicate these plans and our progress to the company to keep everyone accountable and ultimately accelerate the deployment of safe self-driving trucks.
Embark is growing rapidly and the number of complex, cross-functional initiatives that we undertake is poised to increase significantly. In this role, you will work to de-risk these broad, multidisciplinary initiatives by providing a framework for successful execution and outcomes while also serving as the link between these strategic programs and upper management. You will also be tasked with developing processes and best practices for program management holistically across the company.
- Develop a shared product vision and roadmap in close collaboration with engineering managers, domain experts in planning, perception, prediction, controls and hardware, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Work with the AV engineering team to execute on the roadmap, unblock them when needed and re-prioritize as appropriate.
- Aggregate and analyze on-road data and performance metrics to ensure we are focusing on the highest impact issues at all times, re-prioritizing as needed. Advocate for and develop new or more comprehensive metrics as needed.
- Act as a liaison between the AV engineering team and relevant stakeholders of their product (drivers, right seat operators, public road users etc.). You will gather user requirements, build product requirements documents and facilitate communication between the AV engineering team and these stakeholders.
- You will hold your team and those around you to high standards of quality and execution.
- Develop or improve processes to ensure cross-functional alignment between teams and projects.
- Communicate roadmap and priorities clearly to a variety of stakeholders across the entire company.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a highly technical environment.
- Experience building a product vision and roadmap for a robotics or R&D product.
- Experience working in AV is a big plus.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, math, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- A proven track record of setting a compelling product vision and executing on this vision.
- A deep empathy for the general driving public and an understanding of how our technology impacts them, as well as a deep empathy for the stakeholders within Embark that will interact with these systems.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills.
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Kiana and let me know why you want to join our team.
Embark in the Press: