This is a remote position, so if you're not in the assigned location that's not an issue.
Rock Content is a global leader in content marketing and we exist to enable growth opportunities for our customers, employees and partners. We help brands to drive revenue and build awareness by unleashing collaboration through technology, connecting them to a global network of creative talent and delivering premium brand and content experiences for their audience. We’re remote-first, distributed around the world, and have tripled our growth in the last 2 years.
As we scale rapidly, we are seeking a Corporate Counsel to be a key leader in furthering our legal function globally. You will handle all legal and regulatory compliance issues affecting the company, including labor and employment, contract standards and policies, intellectual property protection, litigation, and dispute resolution.
You will be joining a small and dynamic legal team, reporting to the CFO, and you'll be one of his most trusted strategic advisors and sparring partners. With the influence and authority to directly drive growth, efficiency, and transparency throughout the organization, you will work closely with all departments across the company and within the Finance department.
- Lead Rock's global legal function and act as point person for corporate legal matters; liaison with outside counsel as needed.
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements, which may include software agreements, subscription agreements, technology agreements, data processing agreements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, and statements of work.
- Coordinate, with outside counsel as needed, the drafting and negotiation of documentation for financing rounds, M&A’s and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the preparation of resolution/consent documentation.
- Support our product team by learning the product and understanding the various data privacy and other compliance issues involved.
- Manage our intellectual property, including trademark and copyright registrations
- Conduct risk management policies, and help draft and implement policies and processes.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down issues, identify applicable legal guidance, propose solutions.
- Work with other various business teams on a variety of legal processes, risks and opportunities as needed.
- Structure and develop our global legal function by identifying new opportunities for improvement, hiring and developing our talents.
- Conduct regular career conversations and craft opportunities for development and growth.
You will need:
- 7+ years of legal experience, licensed to practice law.
- Proficient in English.
- BA degree / J.D. from an accredited law school. MBA or similar specialization highly preferred, but not mandatory.
- Ability to partner with external specialists and to take responsibility for seeing projects and initiatives through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and high level of attention to detail. You are diligent and strive for accuracy and operational excellence.
- You are a curious and driven individual who enjoys fast-paced, complex and demanding environments. You are comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams and can manage multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrate the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Accountability for agreed upon deliverables and timetables.
Nice to have:
- Experience in leading and growing legal functions for fast-paced SaaS/technology companies.
- Working knowledge and experience with global data privacy laws.
- Knowledge and ideally experience with both domestic and international considerations for legal.
- Experience in building and leading global finance teams, operating across different geographies and requirements.
What we offer:
- Rock University - free access to our marketing courses
- Ongoing workshops and webinars on marketing topics
- Flexible hours
- Work from home allowance
- Parents benefits
- Volunteer paid time off
- Birthday and work anniversary days off
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Being part of a dynamic, talented team distributed around the world
- Making an impact in a global, established but scaling startup where you will see results of your work helping to drive us forward
- Being empowered to make decisions to improve customer satisfaction
- Continuous growth opportunities for our customers, talent community and Rockers
Other benefits may be available according to your location.
About Rock Content
We are a global leader in content marketing and we exist to enable growth opportunities for our customers, employees and partners! We help brands to drive revenue and build awareness by unleashing collaboration through technology, connecting them to a global network of creative talents and delivering premium brand and content experiences for their audience.
If you're looking to learn every day, use new marketing technologies, and have the opportunity to innovate and make an impact, you will find all of that at Rock!
We have the most dynamic, collaborative and intelligent environment there is. Diversity is very important to us and that's why we commit to it. We do not tolerate discrimination by race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or any other type of physical and/or psychosocial characteristic.
We're rapidly expanding, having tripled our growth in the last 2 years! We are remote-first and distributed around in the world. Learn more about careers at Rock here: https://rockcontent.com/careers/.
Our 5-step hiring process
1. Application review: when taking a look at your resume, we're looking not just for evidence that you can do the job, but also to make sure the opportunity we have is the one you're looking for! We'll always let you know either way if you're moving forward or not.
2. Phone screening: this is a first interview and our main goal is to make sure the expectations are correctly set up. We're also very open to answering questions and presenting the detailed truth about working with us.
3. Technical assessment: this is the step to not only evaluate your hard skills but also to present to you a little bit of our work process.
4. Cultural fit interview: our culture is our main priority. We only hire people that show they can fit with our culture and help us grow. This is a deep and challenging step that will require a lot of thinking. To prepare, check our Culture Code.
5. Hiring Manager interview: this is the final step! Here you get to meet the person who is going to be your leader, ask anything you want and really understand if you match with the team.
Are you interested? Apply now!