You can be located anywhere in the US in this remote role.
Fauna is the data API for modern applications. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
In this role, we’re looking for a seasoned, data-driven managing editor to lead the strategy and production of content that supports the buyer’s journey at Fauna. Reporting to the CMO, this is a unique opportunity to build a high impact developer-focused content engine that is strategic to our business from ground-up. You will bring to the table a journalistic mindset rooted in data and research, and the knack to spot stories in a mix of keywords and technology trends. You will be meticulous at content ideation, calendar planning, writing and editing, schedule tracking, and cross team collaboration. You will take pride in delivering content that retains an authentic, developer-friendly voice, while driving KPIs for the business. To accomplish these goals, you will work closely with teams across marketing, developer advocacy, engineering as well as with our developer community and freelance writers, and help build a content assembly line that grows our business.
What You Will Do:
- Develop quarterly content plans to support our digital acquisition goals, and execute.
- Build and maintain an editorial calendar to track the content pipeline and schedule.
- Run the process to define, prioritize, assign, write, track, edit and publish content.
- Collaborate with and provide editorial help to internal and external writers.
- Define and grow content programs such as Write with Fauna.
- Measure quarterly content performance and iterate to meet business objectives.
- Curate a library of engaging and authentic developer-focused content that can power other marketing efforts across demand generation and social media.
- Support the marketing programs with editorial help when necessary.
- Build and grow the content function as the business scales.
What You Will Bring:
- 6+ years as an editor and hands-on writer for technical publications or product-led businesses catering to a technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, literature, or equivalent, with focus on research
- Expertise in all things SEO, the ability to extract storylines from keywords, and build content that ranks well on search engines and drives engagement on developer hubs.
- Aptitude for quickly absorbing topics such as databases, serverless development, data security and related topics.
- Detail-orientation and experience in systematically designing content clusters using new and existing content.
- Proficiency in building and operating complex content calendars, cross team content workflows, and editorial processes that drive efficiency and quality.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Jira, Google Analytics, Contentful etc. to support the editorial process.
- Proven ability to grow and nurture a high performing content management team.
- Proficiency in written English, with a command of grammar, and editorial best practices for popular formats including blogs, articles, whitepapers, and ebooks.
- Structured approach, resourcefulness, curiosity, communication skills and the emotional intelligence to excel in early stage startup environments.
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.