Start with Data is a successful, self-funded data management consultancy that currently operates on a fully remote basis and emphasises creating business value from product data management. We work with many clients across retail and distribution, helping them delight their suppliers and customers with quality-focused product data processes, data governance, and technology. We add value to our clients across the entire product data value chain - from product data source identification and acquisition, product information management (PIM) and Master Data Management (MDM), through to product data syndication.
We are data management thought leaders in the retail, distribution and manufacturing industries. You can read about some of our methodology and insights on our website.
Our Culture & way of doing things
Our consultancy is a relatively early-stage startup, meaning we have a vibrant, exciting and dynamic work environment on our projects. We are highly entrepreneurial and value self-starters and solutions-oriented people.
As a lead business consultant, you will lead Delivery and business analysis, process & data discovery and design for a new PIM solution. You will be responsible for coordinating the definition and documenting the business requirements, business processes and data requirements for a new PIM solution. You will work alongside our Senior Data Consultant to capture data requirements and document these requirements in a functional design document that will be used to specify and build the new PIM solution. You will also be responsible for project management and governance of the project engagement from SWD. You will also own and coordinate the build phase.
- We generally work remotely and as such digital collaboration is paramount to the success of our projects
- You will be used to working on Slack, Jira, Confluence and Zoom (some of our clients prefer Teams).
- Our teams are multi-disciplined and relatively self-organising, so you will be used to operating in a flat, collaborative environment
Your profile as a Senior Consultant
You will typically be 10-15+ years into your data consulting career. You are a leading expert and excellent communicator, a visionary in your discipline. You will fully understand the retailer and distributor product data value chain. You will have knowledge of market trends in this space and have a mature network across the retailer and distributor market. You will be able to shape strategies, work with executive-level stakeholders in our clients, and have the confidence to be left to your own devices. You will also confidently contribute to Start with Data's go to market strategy, pre-sales activities working with our founders
You must have…
- Experience of being a leading business analysis, process & data discovery for high-level design of a PIM solution. You will be responsible for designing and documenting the business requirements, business processes.
- Experience in Retailers, FMCG, Distributor or Manufacturers is a must. Bonus if specifically in Retail FMCG
- Understanding of retailer and distribution operating models and processes across product & supplier management, data onboarding, enrichment, supply chain, eCommerce & Digital
Pay & Benefits
- We look for exceptional associates consultants and our retainer rates reflect that
- All of our contracts are outside IR35
- There are longer-term opportunities with our business, working with a variety of our clients, on a contract or more permanent basis
- We run a great referral scheme if you want to take advantage of your personal network
At this time we are not engaging with recruitment companies, if we do ever need to explore, we have preferred suppliers who are on standby.