Do you have experience designing creative blended learning solutions in an agency or learning consultancy context?
LEO Learning designs engaging learning for a wide range of global clients. If your mental model for learning is all-day courses, massive PowerPoints, chalk-and-talk and click-next e-learning – that's not us. We design programmes that challenge learners to think differently, are learner-centric, performance-focused and results-driven. Generally speaking, great stories make great learning experiences, but how we tell those stories is wide open for creative development.
We are looking for driven and creative freelance lead learning designers to expand our freelance pool. As a lead learning designer, you will work with our clients to develop innovative, pedagogically strong learning solutions that meet their business needs. You will own the overall creative vision for a range of digital learning projects. You will mentor and review the work of learning designers as well as collaborating with art directors, developers and project managers and client subject matter experts (SMEs).
Building on a number of years of experience, you will have an extensive understanding of the principles of adult learning and of learning technologies and you will be confident leading workshops with clients, writing creative treatments and drawing-up novel design approaches and scoping documentation. An excellent communicator, you will be able to collaborate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Holding the creative vision for the overall digital learning or blended project
- Researching content and working with subject experts and learning designers to transform that content into effective and engaging learning
- Leading and facilitating design workshops, both internally and with clients
- Linking learning needs analysis results to learning objectives when implementing the design
- Working with an art director to define visual and multimedia approaches
- Pitching design concepts to client stakeholders at every level
- Creating detailed design documentation, including storyboards
- Outlining and developing interactive scenarios and case studies
- Setting the standard for instructional writing to ensure that is creative, concise and persuasive
- Understanding how to get the best from a variety of in-house and off the shelf authoring tools, such as Storyline, Lectora and Captivate, as well as learning management systems
- Effectively managing multiple priorities, projects and relationships
Get in touch with us via the link below and tell us how you could add value to LEO, your daily rate and availability and most importantly, what makes you suitable for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.