Animator/Motion Designer - Department: Strategic Communications
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science & Technology (S&T) Directorate
Aptive is seeking an Animator/Motion Designer with demonstrated experience to assist with the development of products and production of materials through an integrated communication campaign in support of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. The campaign will communicate the agency's strategy, accomplishments and goals and garners buy-in from employees and stakeholders. The Graphic Designer will aid in enhancing and augmenting the S&T Communications & Outreach Division (COD).
The Animator/Motion Designer must have animation and graphic design expertise, assist with defining and influencing strategy and work directly with the client and our delivery team to create concepts, develop designs and assist with client presentations. Candidate must also have the ability to not only lead/support creative development, but to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
This entry-level, full-time position is primarily located onsite at DHS locations in Washington, DC and Alexandria, VA, though temporary telework will be available during COVID-19. This is a contingent hire position.
- 4+ years of experience in drawing and animation.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, fine art, animation, computer graphics or a related field.
- Experience with Section 508 compliance standards/related laws within the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Experience using animation software, such as Adobe Animate, Maya, Cinema 4D, or Blender.
- Adeptness with leading design software packages, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premier and After Effects.
- Currently holds or can rapidly obtain a DHS Suitability Determination.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Develop products that support an integrated communications campaign that communicates the client's key messages, supports their goals and outreach strategy and garners buy-in from employees and stakeholders.
- Responsible for producing short-form videos, recording messages from PEO EIS leaders.
- Develop posters and other corporate communications products with a consistent look and feel.
- Communicate with stakeholders to review designs and gather feedback.
- Experience supporting executive level clients.
- Proven experience in managing multiple creative projects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with conceptual design, logo development, branding and marketing.
- Strong time management, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of concepting and implementation of visual elements (layout, typography and color theory).
- Experience implementing different animation styles, including traditional animation, 3D computer animation, 2D vector animation and others
- Comfort presenting and explaining animations, storyboards and designs to stakeholders
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
ABOUT THE CLIENT.
The Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) is the science advisor to the Secretary and serves as the research and development arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Established by Congress in 2003, S&T conducts basic and applied research, development, testing and evaluation activities in alignment with the DHS mission. S&T does the science that strengthens the nation's overall security and develops and transitions the technologies that allow those on the front lines to complete their missions effectively and safely.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.