Aimpoint Digital is a premier analytics consulting firm with a mission to drive business value for clients through expertise in data analytics, data science, data engineering and infrastructure. This position is within our data science practice which focuses on delivering solutions via machine learning and statistical modelling.
What you will do
As a part of Aimpoint Digital, you will focus on enabling clients to get the most out of their data. You will work with all levels of the client organization to build value driving solutions that extract insights and then train them on how to manage and maintain these solutions. Typical solutions will utilize machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical analysis, automation, optimization, and/or data visualizations. A Principal Data Scientist will define high-level business objectives directly with clients, then develop and execute the project plan to meet those objectives. You will proactively research and apply knowledge within the data science space to deliver best-in-class solutions. You will lead both small and large teams over the entire data science lifecycle – from problem definition to model automation and deployment. A Principal Data Scientist will also manage all aspects of client relationships and create value-driving initiatives for the company.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative individuals who want to drive value, work in a fast-paced environment, and solve real business problems. You are a coder who writes efficient and optimized code. You are a problem-solver who can deliver simple, elegant solutions as well as cutting-edge solutions that regardless of complexity, your clients can understand, implement, and maintain. You genuinely think about the end-to-end machine learning pipeline as you generate robust solutions. You are both a teacher and a student as we enable our clients, upskill our teammates, and learn from one another. You want to drive impact for your clients and do so through thoughtfulness, prioritization, and seeing a solution through from brainstorming to deployment.
- Expert in descriptive statistics and statistical methods with applications in machine learning (e.g., correlation, regression, clustering)
- Highly proficient with a broad spectrum of advanced data science techniques, from cutting edge deep learning to time series and NLP. (Optimization and simulation experience preferred)
- Practical programming experience in Python, R, MATLAB, Spark/PySpark, SQL, and/or other related programming languages
- Experience delivering end-to-end data science projects, starting with project plan, through data modelling & data integrity checks to delivering value with explainable results
- 5+ years of practical data science experience
- 5+ years of consulting experience (preferred)
- MSc/PhD in a STEM-related field
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, able to work independently, and lead projects, initiatives, and/or people
- Experience in automation and deployment of models using Sagemaker or AWS, or a relevant alternative
- Comfortable with learning networks using tensorflow or pytorch
- Familiar with data visualization platforms such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Willingness to travel