Cognoa is dedicated to creating an unparalleled standard of care in pediatric behavioral health that ensures equitable access to early intervention by delivering high quality products to improve lifelong outcomes for all children and families. We are addressing the biggest unmet need in pediatric behavioral health: early intervention.
As a Medical Writer, you will work collaboratively with Medical Affairs, Clinical Affairs, and Clinical Investigators at Cognoa to research, write, review, edit, and submit scientific, clinical, patient advocacy, and healthcare economic papers for publication as well as other technical literature for internal and external use including power point presentations and poster abstracts.
You will assist in developing concise and thoughtful scientific language related to its technology platform and pediatric behavioral health products.
- Effectively write scientific content to convey complex pediatric behavioral health technology platform for various audiences including physicians, researchers, patient advocacy groups and investors.
- Draft, edit, and submit abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts targeted for presentation/publication at congresses and in peer reviewed journals.
- Create high quality documents that effectively and clearly convey scientific data, properly identify/target the audience for each document, and communicate key messages clearly and concisely.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and with external service providers to ensure the timely development, review, and publication of documents.
- Work with third parties including academic partners, key opinion leaders, and contractors during development of technical documents.
- Execute literature reviews and competitor research contributing to development strategy.
- Consults cross-functionally to develop communication goals, objectives and plan to best communicate scientific messages. Must be able to think holistically to align efforts with larger company strategy and goals.
- Advanced degree in scientific related discipline, or equivalent required. Doctoral degree (PhD, MD or PharmD) preferred. Master's degree with additional experience also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years of medical writing experience with a minimum of 2 years industry experience.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Experience or background in pediatrics or behavioral health disorders preferred.
- Experience submitting abstracts and manuscripts to congresses and journals with high acceptance rates.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Ability to read and analyze the primary literature.