Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 7 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, and Self-abuse.
If you're looking for more/additional experience, you should trying working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation." This is a volunteer position, however it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
***This is a volunteer position that could convert to a full-time salaried position with benefits.***
Job Description: We are looking for a Grant Writer to assist the efforts of ARO.
The Grant Coordinator will identify and apply for various grants that meet the organization’s needs, overseeing the grant application process from beginning to end.
This could lead to full-time employment and is a great opportunity to be on the ground floor if you want to be part of something bigger than yourself.
· Researches various types of grants available and the criteria to qualify for each.
· Discusses available sources of funding with administrative managers.
· Compiles necessary information for the application process through collaboration with other employees, database research, and other factfinding actions and meetings.
· Drafts and completes grant applications according to application requirements.
· Must maintain fundraising attitude throughout tenure with ARO.
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.