Today, video accounts for over 80% of all internet traffic! 🤯
We are increasingly living in a video-first world where our online experiences are dominated by real-time, streaming, and on-demand video.
Our mission at api.video is to connect people through their cameras. We are a global API-first platform managing and delivering online video at scale and our goal is to become the standard for how modern teams bring video experiences into their products and services.
Just like Stripe for payments, Twilio for text and VOIP, and Sendgrid for email; we're making video accessible to every developer on the planet.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Ecosystem Product Team is responsible for expanding the way our APIs can be reached, from our very own SDKs to third party services’ native integrations.
As a Product Manager within this team, you will collaborate with developers and data analysts to imagine and build the best features that will leverage api.video’s hyper-growth.
As every Product Manager in the company, you’ll be in charge of the full Product management scope, from digging into customers' needs to rolling out the features to the market. You will also take an active part in the discussions on api.video’s strategy and product roadmap.
- A unique opportunity to be an early member of a success story
- Important responsibilities in a fast growing company seeking for excellence
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who love working on hard problems
- Ambitious objectives enabling you to skyrocket your learning curve
What will you be doing? 🛠️
Attached to the Head of Product, you will be responsible for the following missions :
- Gather qualitative and quantitative insights based on user’s interviews and customer’s usage
- Define functional solutions alongside with your Product Team
- Iterate and validate on solutions to tackle risks and avoid developing unused features
- Define the Ecosystem roadmap alongside with your Product Team
- Write functional specifications
- Follow up developments
- Test and validate features
Product roll out
- Set up and follow features’ success metrics
- Update documentations
- Drive beta tests with customers
- Create Marketing and Sales training materials
- Infuse a Product mindset within the company
- Participate in the Product Mngt team’s life and have fun
What skills do you need? 🤹
- 4 years of experience as a Product Manager in a startup with a technical background
- Evidence of successful collaboration within empowered teams composed of engineers, designers and data analysts
- Excellent communication in English and in French to understand, synthesize and explain complex problems in a simple way
- Eager to work in an international and dynamic environment
- Passionate about innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Super autonomous as well as Team player
- Experience within an API-first company recommended
- A data-driven decision mindset
- Video > photo > text mindset
- Permanent contract
- Competitive pay and meaningful equity in a fast growing start up
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- All the equipment you need to be wildly productive
- Regular offsites with a dynamic & diverse global team
The position is Bordeaux (France) or remote.
api.video is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
The internet was designed to move text from one place to another. It was never designed for video.
But as bandwidth increases across the world, the camera is becoming the new keyboard. Video on the internet is essentially a portal that we can open across incredible distances and allows us to interact in the most natural and human way possible. This is why we believe that a #videofirst world is inevitable.
But video is still too hard. Every day we face everyday poor video quality, buffering, long waits for transcoding, and latency on livestreams that prevent so many teams from innovating in how we use video on the internet. This is why we are building a new global video backbone accessible via an easy-to-use API.
Entrepreneurs and developers shouldn't be constrained by their understanding of arcane video codecs and protocols, they shouldn't have to worry about what device their users are using or where they are located in the world.
Our goal is to enable those entrepreneurs and developers to build wildly innovative video experiences more quickly and easily than ever before.
- Be bold
We will not build the video backbone the web deserves if we stay on our comfort zone and do not consistently raise the bar in everything we do. By working at api.video, we are all investing our most precious asset: our time. Stay curious, challenge yourself and others, and embrace risk to learn and become better everyday.
- Act Fast
Test fast, fail fast, learn, retry, and finally succeed. Only risky decisions have the power to generate extraordinary outcomes. You will not be blamed if a decision you make turns out badly as long as you understand why and gather learnings from the experience. Being thoughtfully decisive is always better than the status quo.
- Grow through Humility
We might all be experts in our respective field but only the combination of our skills makes us a great team. Stay humble–whatever your expertise–and share your knowledge, insights, and network to help others grow with you. You can expect the same from everyone in the company.
- Be Reliable
As one team with a common mission, we can count on each other. Don’t hesitate to ask for help! We value those who don't hesitate to help others and share knowledge.
- Transparency leads to Trust
We care enough about each other to give candid, caring, and actionable feedback often. We also care about each other enough to accept constructive criticisms with an open mind and heart.