A Technology Company with a Passion for Geoscience
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global Energy sector. Created in 1931, our history tells the story of a profession conducted with passion and of an adventure stretching across five continents. We employ in excess of 4,000 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges. Based on the foundations of mathematics and applied physics, we bring our clients a unique range of technologies, manufactured equipment and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
The location for this role is flexible.
Become part of our team
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as the Head of Digital Transformation and take the lead in continuing CGG’s journey to fully embrace the cloud and transition into a more automated, DevOps-ready posture. This is a unique opportunity to work with a company heavily invested in technology and help define our deployment strategy providing continuous delivery of high-quality software. You will be exposed to a complex set of requirements from the full spectrum of CGG’s products & services and act as the focal point to translate technical requirements between Business leaders and the DevOps team.
Reporting to the VP HPC & Digital Platform, you will work closely with the key stakeholders in Corporate, Business Lines, Support functions and HPC teams to ensure the deployment, implementation and operation of software and hardware systems in line with their needs while optimizing release related downtime. You will be responsible for assessing the risks and making informed decisions as we transition from the use of our physical hardware to a service-based cloud infrastructure in proprietary, dedicated, multi-tenant and hybrid environments. Taking the lead on identifying the latest technologies to improve our stack, you will develop and upskill the DevOps team to invest in the tools that will allow CGG to release faster and more frequently.
Working with the wider HPC & Digital Platform team, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a clear roadmap for future releases while ensuring their delivery in an effective and timely manner.
- DevOps Strategy & Plan: Develop the overall strategic approach for releases & deployment of software & hardware systems
- Customer Service & Engagement: Build a strong internal network soliciting opinions from executives and the technical community, advising business leaders to drive our technology stack strategy
- Project Management & Risk Assessment: Ensure the timely & cost-effective delivery of all deployment projects, while evaluating and mitigating production risks associated with deployment
- Systems audit: Identify opportunities for the automation of existing deployment processes
- Disaster recovery: Prepare specialized deployment processes to support disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Deployment audit: Identify root cause for deployment related downtime and participate in after action reviews for production deployment activities.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum Master’s degree required; +20 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering services architectures for business and/or HPC in the context of a digital transformation.
- Proven ability to build and deliver presentations targeted for audiences ranging from technical groups to board level.
- Proven and self-motivated ability to stay informed about new technologies, analyze and present conclusions about the best course of action regarding those technologies.
- Proven capacity to motivate and manage remote teams of people from many cultures in diverse locations world-wide.
- Attention to detail and commitment to precision. As deployment manager you will be responsible for making decisions about specific details of implementation.
- Ability to understand and translate Executive strategy for Software & Hardware systems into actionable items for the DevOps team.
- Excellent technical aptitude with the ability to learn quickly and understand the rapidly changing landscape of tools that are used to automate deployments
- Ability to assess risk immediately and react flexibly to mitigate impacts associated with a deployment plan.
- Proven track record of defining and managing project budgets & deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills: connecting with others, informing, engaging, influencing, and aligning all relevant stake holders
- Languages: English Required, French and Spanish desirable.
Why choose CGG?
We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
CGG focuses on the strengths and talents of our people and develop learning opportunities at every step of your career. We encourage and support you to take ownership of your development to further progress your own skills and experience.
Our employees are given the freedom to research innovative new ideas and processes while working with cutting edge technology and having the opportunity for continuous peer to peer learning.
CGG operates on a global scale. You will be part of a worldwide network and have the opportunity to discover how a global business operates and interacts.
Discover more about working at CGG on our careers page - www.cgg.com/careers-cgg
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.