At WorkStep, we make the industrial sector a better place to work. For workers, we provide intelligent job matching and feedback loops. For enterprise customers, our technology helps source, screen, and retain hourly talent at scale. We recently closed our series A, are seeing high demand, and are growing our team.
WorkStep is looking to hire our first Vice President, Finance and the leader of our finance function. As an ideal candidate you will be able to plan strategically, execute hands on, and drive the entire business forward.
As the Vice President, Finance you will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will report directly to the CEO & Co-founder. This role is remote, but must be US based.
- Own the forward-looking business model, as well as underlying projections for each department
- Manage cash-on-hand as well as cash flow management (AR & AP)
- Partner with the CEO on investor relations – help prepare board decks, lead the finance side of fundraising (process, due diligence, etc)
- Partner with the CRO on pricing, payment terms, and sales compensation
- Manage our outside accountants and own the monthly and quarterly close processes
- Manage our outside tax accountants and own annual filing
- Manage company risk as it relates to customer agreements, insurance, and similar
- Operating cash flow
- Deviation from plan
- At least 6 years of experience in Finance in a high-growth software company
- Experience owning the budget & forecast
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure proper investment decisions
- Experience participating in both venture capital and venture debt fundraise processes
- Experience working closely with both outside accounting and outside legal team
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites
- Workspace stipend
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission