We help local businesses change the way they engage with customers. We're on a mission to power on-demand marketing across industries to enhance customer experience. Matador is redefining personalization through data science. With our AI-powered platform, brands can close the gap between marketing automation and personalization.
We are looking for dynamic people with a strong background in backend and system architecture, to join our growing team & that will lead other developers in the team to make sure the application is scalable and meets product team expectations.
Your day will most probably start by Making yourself a good coffee, followed by reading your emails and having a quick peek at your tasks to see your next priorities before starting work.
Once the day's tasks and priorities are in order, you can start your day's work. You need to work closely with the developers in Canada and also offshore to make sure we are progressing, documentation is up to date and developers are following best coding practices. At Matador, it is encouraged to team up as a duo to tackle analyzing tasks. This helps avoid the creation of silos and can lead to more creative approaches to problems. It's also to ensure your results are, as we say, as “kick-ass” as possible.
To finish off your day, you might wrap up your work before pushing to our repositories or maybe do some online training to boost up your skills and improve your proficiency with the various languages we use. We also encourage you to take that time to learn new languages and skills that can come into play in future projects.
What are the requirements?
• Located and eligible to work in Canada
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in system architecture.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies (e.g. scrum, kanban)
• Reviewing and analyzing system specifications
What's in it for you?
• Chance to work with a passionate and inspiring team lead by experienced veterans.
• An opportunity to help build the future of retailing experience
• A chance to work in a startup, which is growing extremely fast
• A chance to develop your career and skills as a lead tester.