Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer on our Data Team, you will work alongside its other members to serve every team in our data-driven company, maintaining and improving our existing data infrastructure. There will be many opportunities for you to show off and develop your knowledge, skills, and creativity. You will report to our VP of Ancillary Revenue and Analytics.
In this role, you will:
- Utilize proficiency in SQL and APIs to work with available data sources
- Use Airflow to design and develop custom ETL tasks to capture data from existing and new sources based on existing and possible needs
- Evaluate and improve all aspects of our existing ETL system
If you’re right for this role, you:
- Have at least an undergraduate degree and 5+ years of work experience in information systems management or data engineering
- Have experience with Airflow or equivalent
- Have experience with LookML
- Have 3-5 years of Python experience (specifically NumPy and Pandas)
- Have demonstrated aptitude for working with data in various common formats, with excellent analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Are an expert in SQL and can identify ways to validate and improve queries
- Can write code to facilitate all aspects of the data engineering process, from intake to quality control
- Are an expert with data warehousing concepts and practices
- Are able to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Are flexible, self-motivated, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes against tight deadlines
We’re building a fam, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away -- we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
We’re intolerant to bad vibes, and genuinely love where we work (and want to keep it that way). We choose our fam by looking beyond a skillset - because roles can change - and surround ourselves with folks we want to spend our lives with.
We aim high and hire smart people to get there -- folks that use logic and critical thinking to make the best decisions. We look beyond the problem and quickly build context to come to the right solution; our ever-changing and high-pace environment requires a team of great autonomous thinkers.
When we say “got it,” our team knows we’re owning it, we’re following through, and we’ll deliver beyond expectations. Put the effort into figuring things out yourself (hey, we’re all busy), and actively collaborate if you haven’t Got it; ownership also means knowing when to seek help and to never suffer in silence.
We’re a rare team of folks that genuinely love to work hard because we know that putting in the effort gets the win -- we’re the people that started our careers at the lemonade stand. Not at all costs, but we give it our all because our customers are hustling to grow their businesses, and the hustle’s more fun when we’re winning together.
We collaborate for more than the high-fives (although they’re pretty great), and our team thrives on timely and direct feedback. There’s no hesitation in being direct; since we’re surrounded by smart people, we embrace thoughtful and challenging perspectives.