Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment. Some examples of our #AI4good work include contributing to animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards, and improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
About the project:
Our client needs a portal that allows supply chain analysts to progress through their daily tasks. The primary goal of the portal is to standardize, automate, and optimize the company’s current workflows. The portal, as a full planner ecosystem, will also make it easier for analysts and managers to see the complete end-to-end picture of the company supply chain.
At this point we are in the initial implementation phase and will face challenges in implementation and post implementation system development. The person joining will be responsible for taking ownership, understanding, developing and improving the application. The team is using agile methodologies and Scrum. You’ll work with Product Owner, UX Designer, Scrum Master and 3 other Frontend and Backend developers.
We are looking for a specialist whose experience and knowledge will enrich our team and allow us to take new, previously unknown directions.
Basic tasks will include:
- Developing Django Rest Framework APIs
- Working on the React front-end
- Writing API contracts and tests
- Direct contact with the client.
- Proactively identifying problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) and communicating these issues early.
- Improving code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability.
- Taking responsibility for team results. Capably dealing with mistakes and mix-ups.
- Delivering complex products to clients that they perceive as well-baked and bug-free.
- Effectively using design docs, tech talks and discussion groups to communicate technical decisions.
- At least basic familiarity with TypeScript and Django Rest Framework
- Experience in designing scalable and maintainable solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to prototype quickly and rapidly adapt to coding challenges
- Strong focus on Client needs
- Drive for high code quality, modern development practices, automated testing and constant improvement of yourself and your team
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD tools, Git, Gitflow, server-side cloud solutions
Nice to haves:
- MobX, RxJS
- Docker, Linux
- Azure, MS SQL
- Ant Design, Sass
What’s in it for you:
- Up to 26,000 PLN + VAT on a B2B contract
- Full-time engagement
- Contract at least until the end of 2021
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
- Screening call
- Tech interview
Does this sound like a great opportunity for you? Write to: email@example.com or use the Apply button below!