Barkyn is improving the lives of pet families around the world with new magical e-commerce experience. We developed a platform that delivers health and happiness products and services in a comfortable and personalized way. Currently specialized in dogs, we provide subscription plans that include food, goodies, treats and a dedicated online vet.
This way, we’re not only changing the pet market, but we’re also reshaping the way the e-commerce experience should feel - human, personalized, seamless & beautiful. We're one of the 8 startups selected to Google's Growth Program (Madrid) and recently highlighted by Wired as one of Europe's 100 Top Startups.
As Barkyn's Frontend Developer, you will build product features strategically linked to customer increase, retention and satisfaction. You will also maintain our frontend applications, as well as contribute to the seamless execution of our tech roadmap.
Specifically, we expect you to:
- Develop web-scale applications delivering features for our marketplace
- Develop software applications for an e-commerce growing company
- Stay up to speed with frontend technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns
- Have knowledge about performance, resilience and security
- Have an understanding of the full development lifecycle with an emphasis on software quality processes
- Work in an Agile environment, focusing on delivery/commitment and continuous improvement
- Experienced with libraries or frameworks such as Vue, React, Redux, NextJS (NextJS preferred)
- Experienced with CSS-in-JS libraries
- Experienced in working with Scrum or Kanban methodologies is a plus
- An excellent team worker and with communication skills
- Skilled in problem-solving and with a proactive attitude
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Experience in a startup or B2C company
- Be a dog owner
This is a 100% remote position and at this stage we are only considering people based in Portugal.